Technical Product Manager, Content
Are you excited about helping our Travelers discover awesome vacation rental experiences? Are you passionate about creating content systems on a global scale? Are you a Technical Product Manager that enjoys building exceptional products and loves technology?
HomeAway collects content from our Travelers, Partners and external sources to guide Travelers through their journey of discovery, shopping, booking and stay. Our content must be compelling, localized, and personalized to engage our global marketplace. The Content & Media team develops the core services that store, classify, enrich, and publish the content that powers our customer journey.
As Technical Product Manager for Content & Media, you will manage our core APIs for property content, media, destination content, and globalization services. You will define the future for these products and what your team should work on. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team and motivate the team to think big.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with HomeAway Traveler and Partner experience teams to develop and drive adoption of core content APIs and identify future API needs for prioritization, development and delivery.
- Partner with Expedia Group (EG) to build and execute a roadmap to align, converge, and extend our unified content systems to provide maximum benefit across all of EG.
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy for delivering best-in-class content solutions for our customers.
- Serve as product owner for core content and media services.
- Work with engineering and data insights teams to define, track and report on key indicators for API performance and reliability.
- Facilitate resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to internal and external customers.
Who you are:
You’ve got a strong technical background and have been-there-done-that when it comes to slinging code to solve a problem. You understand how software development teams work and how engineers think. Most of all, you love solving hard technical challenges and working on systems that have global business impact and massive scale.
- 5+ years experience as a technical product manager, solutions architect, or technical integrations consultant...ideally for platform products.
- Scientific mindset to make evidence-based decisions.
- Strong understanding of clean API designs, tooling & documentation around platform products and services.
- Prior experience driving integration of products and adoption of core services. Ability to handle large, complex products in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven experience balancing the requirements for multiple stakeholders within and outside your organization, to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Experience preparing and presenting a technical roadmap, grooming product backlog, and participating in agile ceremonies.
- Strong critical thinking, information architecture and data modeling skills, communication and presentation abilities.
- BS or BA in related field preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.