Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our Customer Experience Platform team is looking for a Technical Product Manager that will be responsible for defining and building our microservice and API catalog to support and accelerate the development of critical business initiatives across the company.What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, other product owners and development teams to understand their needs, requirements, roadmaps and priorities
- Drive product requirements and write user stories based on prioritized requirements
- Drive prioritization consensus across business teams and serve as an effective liaison between stakeholders and engineering
- Manage programs and feature prioritization across multiple services within the team’s portfolio
- Work closely with the engineering organization through design, development, testing, release, and maintenance of our services to ensure quality and successful delivery
- Comfortable specifying API contracts and collaborating in technical decisions with tech leads
- Educate and promote adoption of available services
- Create and maintain a product roadmap and determine requirements for each service release based on business needs, operational needs, end user requirements, and technical architecture
- Coordinate closely with users to ensure quality innovations are delivered
- Balance business needs versus technical decisions and constraints
- Advocate for ground-breaking approaches over incrementalism
- Communicate and coordinate release of new features while promoting and monitoring adoption
- 7+ years of technical product development experience
- Experience building developer portals, platforms or API services
- Solid understanding of web services, REST API’s, and microservices
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and leads.
- Self starter with bias toward delivery and business outcomes
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Experience with service oriented architecture models
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environment
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting, and analyzing complex systems integrations
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed due to collaborators in multiple time zones.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or as a software engineer in a related discipline
- Preferred: Consistent track record of delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Preferred: The optimal candidate for this technical role is someone that has prior experience as a software engineer developing microservices and API's.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance