Molecula’s vision is to unlock human potential through the power of real-time data. Our core technology is an enterprise feature store that solves today’s massive data readiness problem by giving companies access to big data faster than ever before to power cutting-edge technologies. We are a burgeoning startup with a passionate team of dedicated engineers, designers, and business experts determined to make a positive impact.
Our preference is for the incumbent to join us in Austin, TX, however we are open to consider candidates that would like to work remotely and can commit to working Central Time hours.
Molecula is looking to bring on an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our Core team to own and drive the advancement of our core technology, including our OSS offering, Pilosa. In this role, you will partner with engineering to establish our core technology as the optimal format for Machine Learning. You will be responsible for uncovering the root of customers’ needs and collaborating with engineering to implement innovative solutions that align with our product direction and help us achieve our business objectives. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inventing the future, obsessed with driving the best user experiences, and loves working on the high performance engine under the hood.
- Own the delivery of Molecula’s core engine – including Pilosa – which includes conducting user research, managing and prioritizing the product backlog, and planning sprints
- Prioritize the product roadmap for the Core team based on feedback from customers, customer facing teams, engineering, and Molecula’s vision
- Act as a leader and partner to the Core engineering team and leverage your technical expertise to write and discuss clear requirements for addressing low level problems and for building out new features
- Evaluate the market landscape and competitors in our space to incorporate differentiated value into the product and customer experience
- Keep various stakeholders across the business updated, engaged, and excited about the work our teams are doing and what we’re enabling for our customers
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years building and launching products
- A technical background building databases, data infrastructure, in-memory systems, or other low level data storage/management products
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Previous hands-on programming experience as part of your core responsibilities
- Experience working with distributed systems in a product or engineering role
- Expert understanding of various data models and formats including their strengths and weaknesses when applied to various use cases
- Open to revisiting assumptions about how systems are designed and how data is stored and accessed
- Ability to get to the root cause of customer pain and ideate solutions that drive our business objectives forward
- Have an instinct for prioritization and the ability to articulate the "why" behind priority
- Familiarity with Open Source go-to-market strategies and projects, specifically Pilosa
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to engage others in a virtual environment
- Recognize the benefit of documenting processes, decisions, and requirements in detail
- Ability to distill technical concepts for a non-technical audience
- Experience with source code repositories and ticket tracking systems like Github and JIRA
- Experience with Go or a similar programming language
To all recruitment agencies: Molecula does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Molecula employees or any other organization location. Molecula is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Molecula is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know as a response in the application.