Technical Product Manager
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, and personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why We Need You:
Schoology is the most open learning platform for the K-12 education market. Our millions of users and thousands of enterprise K-12 customers require their education tools all work together. Identifying and delivering solutions that enable all of our products to innovate will drive company growth, retention, and customer satisfaction.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for working across our product teams, working to enable innovation in our product lines and helping us deliver on our vision - to provide personalized learning for all learners.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Be a driving force to help deliver on our product vision and associated strategy that continues to advance Schoology’s leadership as a teaching and learning platform.
- Actively seek and identify operational efficiencies that optimizer value for Schoology customers, by developing a broad understanding of Schoology products and customer administrative needs
- Be a subject matter authority on education practices, such as Data Driven Instruction, that best support student achievement
- Work with all team members and interested parties to launch new solutions or enhancements to existing workflows and roll out them out to internal and external stakeholders: training, demos, first line of support to all areas of the organization including Sales, Client Success.
- Bring forward your working knowledge of systems and software engineering to interact with multiple engineering teams, communicate needs, and drive execution.
- Ensure high quality innovation for our customers through the creation, collaboration, and execution of high quality software requirements.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- BS/BA: science, engineering or business administration, or relevant experience
- Extraordinary analytical and organizational skills
- 4+ years experience in an Engineering, Product Management, or K-12 education environment, or similar role
- Experience organizing high level objectives into a cohesive roadmap and strategy with a prioritized backlog that is refined into detailed user stories as needed for delivery
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple ongoing projects with many cross-functional dependencies
- Effective collaboration experience across geographically distributed teams and organizations
- Experience in obtaining and synthesizing feedback from various sources, assessing root needs, and integrating that information into a cohesive design
- Ability to understand and communicate architectural requirements, preferences, and limitations
Bonus points for:
- Experience with K-12 Education
- Experience in EdTech, with a focus on instructional practices and student outcome improvement.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.