Technical Product Manager at SciPlay
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:58 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 1, 2021
SciPlay, is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! SciPlay's reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!Job Description Summary:SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!Technical Product Managers manage the product life cycle of SciPlay's core game systems and features. Responsible for prioritizing new features and functionality of the product to maximize performance for our players. Other duties include scheduling and leading meetings to identify product requirements, writing user stories and managing the team's product backlog, and collaborating with various stakeholders to align the development team's goals with the initiatives of the company.Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with Sr. Director of Operations and VP of Central Technology on new features and technical improvements.
- Own features and technical improvements from spec/design creation through development.
- Highly focused on features that improve technical stability, drive game performance, create new configuration tools, or support platform or other feature/system requirements.
- Estimate the revenue impact of new features, promotions or game optimizations.
- Work with Executive Producer and Engineering leads to create accurate ROI estimates based on revenue impacts and development cost.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Assist with designing and maintaining a high-quality backlog of "ready to implement" features for Roadmapping and Sprint planning with easily understandable specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Work with art, engineering, and production to ensure planned feature specs are 100% approved, cost-evaluated, and ready for implementation at the start of each sprint. This includes final UX design flows from Art.
- Ensure work done during the sprint meets acceptance criteria.
- Work with Analytics to plan comprehensive testing strategies for features that will be tested in-game.
- Attend daily stand-ups and weekly meetings with the development team, other Product Managers, and Analysts
- Act as day-to-day primary point of contact for any product related questions from the game team.
- Review daily KPIs and proactively identify opportunities, trends, and threats to the product.
- Evaluate notable competitors and share key insights / learnings to test.
- Document our processes and best practices.
- Constantly seek improvement opportunities in our day-to-day workflows
- Create presentations of notable successful cross-genre mechanics for sharing with broader PM org and executive leadership team.
- Evaluate test results of implemented features and make recommendations for future iterations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must be passionate about the product and have a strong desire to move the genre forward.
- Motivated to win market share while building a high-quality product.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- MBA or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience in gaming, social, online casino, or consumer mobile live service products.
- PLUS: Previous experience engineering and architecting complex systems
- SQL and Data-mining experience a plus
- Excel/Google Sheet Skills and Proficient in PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Strong understanding of statistical significance in datasets.
- Understanding of forecasting and statistical modeling
- Agile/Scrum software development experience is a plus.
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Ability to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with Developers, QA, Analysts and Producers.
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Strong starter who can quickly get up to speed on new markets and products.
- Strong affinity for understanding target audience needs and spender priorities.
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
Read Full Job Description