Technical Product Owner at HotSchedules, Now Powered by Fourth
We are looking for someone who takes great pride in delivering best-in-class solutions and maximizing engineering team output. If you like challenging projects and environments where you can make an impact quickly and be directly involved in the success of the company, then this is the right job and right company for you. In this role, you will own the backlog of the Clarifi Platform used across all Clarifi applications and Integrated applications.
A Technical Product Owner at HotSchedules creates and maintains the product backlog while working with engineering teams to find the optimal solution for meeting business goals. To achieve that, they collaborate with key stakeholders including Engineering teams using the Platform technologies, Product Management, Architecture, and UX. A strong technical background combined with business-oriented thinking, leadership skills and a strong history of delivering successful software products is essential to succeed in this challenging and exciting role.
- Translating the Product Manager's business requirements into product specific user stories for the Engineering team
- Working with Product Management and the Engineering team to establish scope and schedule for sprints and releases
- Working with UX to ensure the best design solutions are incorporated into the product sprints and releases.
- Creating and maintaining the product backlog to ensure that stories are prioritized correctly and that the team is on track to meet their milestone dates
- Monitoring and Reporting the team’s progress on regular basis and has complete authority to accept or reject work is done (evaluating finished stories vs acceptance criteria).
- Collaborating with the Architecture team to create a viable long-term technical direction for the product
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering degree or 10+ years equivalent experience
- Track record of multiple delivered commercial projects in the role of product owner,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken; comfortable discussing technical projects and issues with a variety of audiences
- Experience in Agile methodology framework
- Ability to manage expectations, risks, resourcing, timeframes, and other issues
- Strong analytical skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- A love of getting your hands dirty when resolving problems
- Past experience in Software Development
Who we are:
HotSchedules - Hospitality Unbound
HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.