Vice President, Product Management at BigCommerce (Austin, TX)
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a VP, Product Management to join our executive leadership team! In this role, you will inspire and lead members of the product team and develop the strategy to deliver the next generation of capabilities for the BigCommerce platform. This critical leadership position will be located in our downtown Austin office and will report directly to the SVP, Product.What You’ll Do:
- Help define the strategy and then implement it for several strategic product areas, by leading strong teams that deliver incremental value quickly and iterate based on user feedback and analytics
- Lead and coach your team of product managers to facilitate their professional growth and career progression
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, product managers, designers, researchers, data analysts and engineering teams to develop product strategy and prioritize features that bring the most value to our customers
- Work closely with leaders and managers across the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Investigate the details of your projects (including writing user stories) and the day-to-day running of an impactful Agile team
- Enthusiastically lead your project teams, consisting of developers, designers, and quality engineers, towards your vision with effective delivery
- Work collaboratively with project teams to break complex projects into small projects, with each iteration adding more customer value
- Analyze data to measure the impact of product improvements, and then iterate to constantly optimize performance
- Define and communicate performance metrics to key team members throughout the organization
- 15+ years of experience in hands-on product leadership roles, depending on the size and type of teams/companies you’ve worked at in the past
- Validated experience building and leading successful product teams that have delivered products that lots of customers use and love
- Capable of building positive relationships and negotiating with cross-functional teams
- High energy influencer and you think big, people enjoy working with you even if they might disagree with you
- Skilled leader who sets strategic Product direction at the unit level, you anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data
- Proven track record of working with Business Development to assess new opportunities
- Technical background or technical orientation, to get in the weeds with engineers and understand the pros and cons of different technologies, design and potential solutions
- Able to work on sophisticated issues that require in-depth analysis and knowledge of the company and product
- Passionate about solving big, complicated and often ambiguous problems
- Bold in approach, able to thrive and make a difference in a startup environment
- Plugged into the worldwide commerce ecosystem of 3rd party developers and solutions, you speak their language and have their respect
- Maintain a "customers first" mentality, which enables you to have a deep understanding of their difficulties and how they use the product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong negotiator with presentation abilities
- You value market research and when it comes to the competition, you have your finger on the pulse
- Understand that human behavior is sophisticated and changing behaviors is a lot harder than building features and technology
- Curious and innovative with strong UX instincts; you won’t need to do your own designs but you’ll work effectively with your design and research peers
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.