VP of Product
Volusion, named “Best Place to Work” by Austin Business Journal (2018) and “Coolest Company” by Austin Inno (2018), is looking for a VP, Product to join our elite senior leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, you will own all product and go-to-market initiatives to help our customers launch and scale their businesses. It’s truly an exciting time for Volusion, as we have rolled out new technology for thousands of our customers and are about to launch several major products and a new partner ecosystem to grow the $3.5B our merchants processed in 2018.
You will lead teams that design, test, build and improve across Volusion’s cloud-based product lines geared towards small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) and partners. You will form product vision as well as strategy, and create plans to execute against that strategy. We have spent years rebuilding a modern, fast and reliable technology foundation to build upon, and you will be the primary decision maker and owner for product roadmap, differentiation, market analysis and buy vs. build vs. partner choices. Success will be measured by customer and core business metrics that you will help define.
- Customers: We are a customer-first company, and we want all efforts and communications to represent this philosophy. You believe in engaging directly with customers and partners during pre and post sales implementations to ensure success of customer expectations. Delivering amazing products and digital experiences is a must for you.
- Leadership: You have leadership DNA and a proven ability to excite, as well as lead, product and design teams.
- Culture: A strong embodiment of our culture code. We hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it! We expect you to understand and embrace the culture, and then help others understand and support the culture as well! You operate at a high level of passion, emotional intelligence, and customer empathy.
- Product Strategy: Responsible for the end-to-end product life cycle as well as go-to-market strategy; including market needs, requirements, product vision and strategy, product roadmap creation, stakeholder communication, release planning, and go-to-market strategy with customer enablement and success. Identify core metrics for success, processes to update and review those metrics as well as initiatives to test various impact and improvements across those core metrics. Strategic planning and delivery expansion of our offerings into new and existing markets.
- Visibility: We’d rely on you for developing strong relationships with other teams (Engineering, IT, Finance, Culture, Customer Experience, Sales, Studio) as well as our Marketing and Growth leaders to collaborate on initiatives and coordinate launches. We want to improve communication across all these areas to avoid misunderstandings and keep everyone in the know.
- Communication: Being effective at communicating is key. When deadlines slip, priorities change, issues happen, it’s important to open up and ask for help but also to keep all the stakeholders informed regularly. You are responsible for communicating wins, as well as learnings from failures.
- Collaboration: You understand that collaboration across teams is paramount to getting things done effectively. Your team will partner with various departments and alongside customers to improve product and our business model with experience and technology. Work closely with engineering and technology teams for execution, hand-off and on-time delivery of releases. Become the owner and ambassador to promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, support, professional services, partners and customers
- Conflict: You are responsible for resolving conflicts with your peers, with leadership and among your own team members.
- Founder: This one is important. Being a founder means listening to customers, taking a customer-first approach to problem solving, iterating super fast, and being willing to make mistakes along the way.
- Recruiting: Hire and retain passionate and high-performing product, user experience and design teams.
- 10+ years experience in product, user experience and/or design management.
- 5+ years leading high-performing product teams.
- Cloud SaaS experience and/or deep understanding with the ability to troubleshoot, scale and repeatedly create successful solutions for SMBs.
- Experience in working in fast-paced startups as well as large and/or enterprise software companies.
- Strong organization, planning and execution, with proven track record of success at meeting goals.
- Expert at cross-functional leadership, peer relationships as well as strong communication, verbal and written.
- Able to manage a budget effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines or equivalent experience in leadership roles.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Breakfast Taco Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Standing desk
- Team Sports and Team Outings