In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a remote-forward, fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As a VP, Product you are a forward thinker who will motivate the team and enable them to produce their best work. You have a collaborative mindset that helps align everyone together around central ideas and visions. You ceaselessly endeavor to understand the root problems customers face before entertaining any solutions. You understand business objectives and work to balance speed and quality in product development. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Lead, coach and support a highly effective team of passionate Product Managers and Product Designers to foster a high performance culture that develops the product roadmap and ensures engineering delivery; build the future of supply chain trade.
- Determine the short- and long-term Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for our Product Team and Company by factoring business, customer, and partner outcomes - and hold yourself and the team accountable to high-impact delivery
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Shipwell as a company and how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Recruit world‐class product talent and participate in the recruiting flow including attracting, screening, and closing high caliber candidates.
- Build trusting relationships and collaborate cross departmentally with Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Professional Services to execute on company strategy.
- Take a hands-on approach to the entire product development lifecycle: perform day-‐to-‐day product management to ensure successful, on-‐time releases; demonstrate ownership and accountability for the team’s delivery.
- Work effectively with product managers, engineers and the engineering leadership team to allocate engineering resources appropriately across various projects, including balancing customer needs with longer‐term product roadmap needs.
- Implement processes and metrics to ensure that the team is extremely efficient and focused, and that products are market ready.
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our product organization.
- Ability to understand a dynamic competitive landscape, synthesize customer feedback, and build and adopt a strategy that differentiates the Company in the market.
- Strong empathy for the customer and a desire to build products that delight customers.
What you need to have:
- 10+ Years of experience in Product Management, with at least 5+ years experience in senior leadership and management
- 5+ Years in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology
- B.S. or Graduate Degree in Computer Science and MBA
- Ability to take an established and talented Product Management team and practice to the next level of scale and impact
- Proven product management skills, applied within segments of the payments ecosystem is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills in a remote forward environment
- Experience building a healthy culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and accountable.
- Experience managing high growth products and teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our HQ office location Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.