“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Clinical Consultant will act as a key support person in achieving the joint clinical operating model. Success in this role is attained by developing an in depth understanding of the clinical market strategies and parallel Bright Health programs, KPIs, and then leveraging analytical and problem-solving capabilities to inform clinical market initiatives. The candidate must have: strong organizational and prioritization skills and capability to work across multiple teams; ability to thrive in the excitement and fast paced environment of a rapidly growing organization; and willingness to think creatively and solve problems.
- Work in a consultative role with various parties within the market (care partner/health system/providers) and with Bright Health corporate headquarters to create effective analyses, reports, recommendations in order to achieve the strategic objectives within the health optimization team
- Create and drive Care Partner operational and risk mitigation plans
- Track and help assist with cross-functional dependent work that impacts in-market teams
- Once problems identified, actively build out current process framework, problems, develop solutions and drive forward execution plan
- Assist in-market team with business operational initiatives to drive efficiency
- Document current in-market operational processes and resources
- Review dashboard metrics (quality, financial, operational) and translate into an applied framework with actionable information
- Understand the KPIs and how to achieve them within each market
- Ability to discern actionable financial and operational data and inform the action plans that will be implemented to deliver performance/outcome goals
- Program management support for Bright Health’s cross functional network keepage prevention strategy and cross functional team
- Work across functions to manage end to end network keepage activities
- Continually improve network steerage strategies and best practices through working with key stakeholders
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years healthcare experience required or recent MBA/MHA graduate
- Experience in clinical operations, business analyst, or have worked in managed care required
- Experience working in a health plan/payer setting preferred
- Advanced Excel and/or Tableau skills preferred
- Ability to analyze a situation, draw conclusions, and propose next steps
- Strong communication skills and feel comfortable delivering professional presentations to an audience
- Ability to effectively analyze data and identify trends
- General understanding or excitement to learn population health measures including risk segmentation, risk stratification, benchmarking, and gap analysis
- Ability to work fluidly in a matrixed organization
- Ability to solve problems
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.