Customer Events & Programs Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The Customer Growth Team is looking for a Customer Events and Programs Manager to drive both in person and digital events (including executive dinners, meetups, and webinars) for our existing customer base. You will own this global channel end-to-end, from strategy to execution to measurement, and in doing so will partner closely with other members of Customer Growth, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales, and Marketing Operations.
Successful candidates are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, but, at the same time, you can see the big picture to develop overall program strategy and impact. You are able to communicate and develop relationships across teams, act quickly in a rapidly changing environment, and move programs to completion.
This role is a part of our cross-functional Customer Growth team, which owns retention and expansion marketing activities for our existing customers. This a fast growing team addressing a strategic area for the company, so this is a great opportunity to play a role shaping this business unit going forward.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Align customer events to support expansion revenue and retention goals. Develop and manage budget and prioritization across event types and geos with a keen eye on ROI.
- Partnering: Collaborate and drive consensus with internal stakeholders and partners from Customer Growth, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales, Marketing & Sales Operations, Finance & Legal.
- Execution: Plan, promote, and host physical and digital events, ensuring timely achievement of programs (or, as appropriate, assist international teams with event logistics and hosting). Foster pre and post-event effectiveness with customer follow up, internal feedback, and finance (procurement and contract processing).
- Reporting: Measure campaign impact through SFDC / Tableau reporting, evaluating campaign and program level ROI, and present recommendations for improvement / impact.
*Note: Some travel required, but negotiable.
- Work Experience: BS/BA degree and at least 3+ years of experience in driving customer focused events & webinars or program management. Previous experience in B2B Marketing (enterprise SaaS, software, etc.).
- Project Management: Exceptional project management/organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate with and influence internal stakeholders. Able to advocate persuasively for program strategy and results.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrable success with analyzing data and deriving insight for improvement. Focus on revenue, conversion, and business goals.
- Technical Stack: Comfortable using Salesforce.com for campaign and reporting objects. Experience with Marketo campaign creation and reporting.
- Core competencies: Self motivated and able to work autonomously. Able to manage competing priorities and adapt quickly to rapidly changing environments. You can marry high-level creativity and out-of-the-box-thinking with a very detail oriented, hands-on project management style.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.