Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you enjoy working with customers to help them transition to new products and manage organizational change? Are you confident on the phone and experienced in communicating with a technical audience? Are you creative and determined in identifying the root cause of problems or opportunities for product? If so, then this could be exactly what you're looking for.
We are searching for our first Cloud Migrations Manager that will be at the forefront of helping our customers learn about migration options and successfully plan for how to migrate their Atlassian software instance (Jira, Confluence, etc.) from their On-Premise environment to the Atlassian Cloud.
The Enterprise Cloud Migrations Manager will wear many hats and will be committed to helping large customers migrate with ease. They help coordinate internal and external partners, work as consultants with customers from technical admins to executives, facilitate building strong project plans and drive customer accountability.
In addition, they’ll also serve as the voice of the customer internally and issues/drive insights that will craft product strategy and improve our customer success processes.
Common activities that a Customer Success Manager for Cloud Migrations will conduct:
- Research and qualify inbound customers are "migration ready" based on their license profile and shared information;
- Conduct discovery during the customer migration process to assess and understand their use case, migration needs and any potential roadblocks to migrating;
- Advise customers on how to plan/prepare for migrations from On-Premise to Cloud;
- Ensure customers partner with Technical Support for troubleshooting and to assist with the data migrations;
- Liaise with multiple cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Customer Success Managers, Enterprise Advocates and Loyalty Advocates, Technical Support, Customer Programs, and Product;
- Communicate customer trends and feedback to internal teams to drive improvements to documentation, tooling, product and process; and platform;
- Develop strategic recommendations for how to improve the migration experience for our customers.
On the first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience in a strategic customer-facing role within either customer support, customer success, a migrations-specific department, or other meaningful function;
- Project management experience strong communication skills as well as a natural propensity for public speaking and experience with leading C-level conversations;
- Ability to ask compelling/ leading questions, uncover common customer themes, and lead technical planning and project planning;
- Ability to build presentations, write content, and present to large audiences;
- Experience navigating a SaaS working environment with DevOps or IT teams and optimally completing large projects;
- Broad experience working with Enterprise level customers, comfort in navigating a large organization and confirmed past involvement in building strong cross-functional relationships internally;
- Empathy for customer anxiety and experience in helping customers deal with change management within their organization;
- Proven strategic account management skills;
- Ability to prioritize quickly and optimize process and tools to reduce inefficiencies and scale the program;
- Experience in advancing potential customer challenges before they become full-blown issues and ability to partner with other teams to resolve and communicate needed information back to the customer.
It’s great, but not required, if you have:
- Atlassian product knowledge or experience in building and supporting migrations related projects in the past;
- Technical ability to navigate and solution for complex discussions on various deployment/migration options across self-hosted, cloud, and hybrid deployment options;
- Experience in working with a channel of Solutions Partners;
- Ability to establish vision and guide other Atlassian teams (solution marketing, product).
More about our team
Atlassian Customer Success partners with our customers to help them achieve their goals with our products through engagement during the critical early phases of onboarding and adoption. Mitigating risk when customers encounter obstacles on their journey, evangelizing best practices and delivering insights to the business are at the heart of what we do. The Data Center-focused segment of our team works with Enterprise customers deploying new DC licenses through a combination of high-touch and smart-touch outreach.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.