Delivery Lead, Software Engineering at realtor.com
At realtor.com, we are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling process, and to help more people achieve the dream of home ownership. To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a Delivery Lead to drive product development collaboration, processes and execution.
In this role, you will work side by side with Product and Engineering leadership within one of Realtor’s six product development communities to drive operational consistency, scale best practices, and ensure visibility and accountability of project work across teams. Each community contains 10-15 agile squads aligned around a focus area for the business, such as Property Content or Emerging Markets.
Different from traditional project or program management, the Delivery Lead charter is to support operational best practices across all of the agile squads within the community, rather than driving any particular team or project. This role will require candidates who embrace autonomy, and have a strong perspective on how groups of teams can work effectively together, and a comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end cycles of planning and product delivery.
- Facilitate the meetings and tooling used to help teams track cross-team dependencies.
- Support the roadmap planning process to ensure that product, design and engineering leadership are aligned on the quarterly deliverables.
- Tracking project delivery status and teams’ progress toward quarterly OKRs.
- Define and support the community’s documentation strategy and best practices.
- Establish and track operational metrics for teams and delivery pipelines.
- Work across teams to ensure consistent usage of collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Drive where appropriate.
- Coordinate community-wide all hands meetings and other community-specific communication channels.
- Drive continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity.
- Work with the other Community’s Delivery Leads to drive wider adoption of best practices and tackle org-wide operations initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of modern software development lifecycles.
- Experience in driving multiple technology projects and initiatives from inception to completion.
- Prior experience establishing and scaling programs, process and delivery.
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (JIRA and Confluence) and Google Suite.
- PMP or CSM accreditation is beneficial, but not a hard requirement.
- Experience working with distributed / multi-office teams.
- Clear and comfortable communication skills.