DevOps Release Manager
We are looking for a hands-on Release Manager to ensure that updates to the backbone operations of our business are delivered smoothly. This position will help drive the CRM, ERP, and HRIS release process at Procore, and will be a member of the team responsible for the development and operation of Procore’s business systems, including Salesforce.com. This role has the opportunity to be located in either Austin, TX or at our headquarters in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Business Systems team to support weekly releases to Salesforce, scheduled updates to Zuora, and updates to other business systems as required
- Implement a standardized deployment process and release schedule to deliver new initiatives, feature enhancements, and bug fixes
- Manage coordination and communication of releases across business systems and stakeholders
- Work with developers and admins to resolve merge conflicts and deployment errors
- Coordinate Release Readiness reviews and Go/No Go reviews
- Ensure change control processes and release readiness criteria have been met prior to release
- Validate post-release activities; including rollback and root-cause analysis when an issue is encountered
- Drive ongoing improvements to the release process
- Facilitate sandbox refreshes across Salesforce and Zuora development environments and ensure QA/staging environments are stable and current
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience and a solid understanding of Salesforce deployments (Gearset, Force.com migration tool, changesets, Git, Ant) in an integrated ecosystem
- 2+ years experience with release management concepts, including version control and branching
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or comparable experience
- Desire to dig into development and release best practices of key business systems (Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Marketo, Workday, and Zuora)
- Experience with an Agile continuous integration/release model preferred
- Experience with release management for Workday, NetSuite, Zuora, and/or Marketo is a plus
- Demonstrated success handling complex release management challenges (multiple sandboxes or branches, parallel change requests, integration and ecosystem dependencies) is a plus
- Salesforce Administrator or Developer certification is a plus
- Experience with data migration and ETL/integration tools is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Job Keywords: Salesforce, Salesforce.com, SFDC, Zuora, Marketo, NetSuite, Workday, Gearset, Selenium, Jenkins, deployment, release