Digital Content Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a visionary Digital Content Manager to fuel our team’s mission to create engaging, aligned and effective online courses. In this role, you will lead a team of videographers, animators and graphic designers creating educational content across a range of verticals and product types.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a crackerjack force of instructional designers, writers, video producers and graphic designers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of videographers, animators and graphic designers creating educational content across a range of verticals
- Mentor and develop your team, unlocking potential through detailed, thoughtful conceptual, stylistic and technical feedback
- Manage team resources and project plans across a range of workflows and products
- Collaborate with instructional design and written content teams to create scalable, rich-media educational content appropriate for web and mobile delivery
- Support the team’s efforts to diversify media types and treatments in support of stronger learning outcomes and greater course engagement
- Provide thought leadership as we align on standards for the use of content treatments, tools and stylization
- Connect theory and practice, translating research findings and/or best practices to the speed and requirements of the business
- Be a helpful stakeholder for learning platform and UX decisions
- Be a positive, humble and supportive resource. Look for scalable solutions and start scrappy whenever possible.
- Champion approaches that objectively matter to our students
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience managing designers and rich-media content creators
- Extensive experience designing and/or directing illustrations and visualizations for educational applications
- A track record of success managing a team
- Experience creating content at scale in a fast-paced environment
- A working understanding of instructional design best practices, including backwards design
- Outstanding collaboration and organization skills
- The ability to adapt quickly while managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to forecast challenges and positively and proactively work to address them
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges and achieving outsized results
- Startup experience a major plus.
- Submit a resume, a cover letter outlining relevant experience and a digital portfolio clearly stating the role you played—manager, illustrator, designer, etc— for the samples within the portfolio.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description