About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
In addition to our stores, HEB operates 13 manufacturing Plants across Bakery, Dairy, Snacks, Meat Processing, Meal Prep, Floral, Print and Packaging industries.
H-E-B’s Digital Manufacturing group is a new team within H-E-B’s Digital organization; committed to delivering this technology transformation in partnership with H-E-B’s Manufacturing Division. Candidates to join this team must be excited by the potential of delivering various systems from the plant floor to senior leadership.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... expertise to collaborate / lead with technically diverse, cross-functional project teams?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to champion a strategic technology roadmap that can transform H-E-B Manufacturing?
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in project management or technology management.
- Sr. Project Managers should have deep systems implementation experience which they can leverage throughout their respective project’s delivery lifecycle.
- Ability to lead in a team environment to manage and deliver multiple large technology projects concurrently.
- Sr. Project managers should possess the necessary business analytical skills to be able to assist with developing requirements and ensuring technical quality on large projects and/or complete these deliverables for less complex projects.
- Superior organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Has command of both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast paced, change-oriented work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in one-on-one and group situations, with the ability to effectively work within all levels of the organization.
- Advanced level facilitation, conflict management, talent development and project management skills.
- Demonstrated success in working complex issues with senior and executive management utilizing highly developed influencing skills.
- Previous experience delivering in an industrial or manufacturing environment is considered a significant advantage.
- Familiarity with the ISA 95 standard of industrial technology is considered an advantage.
What you’ll do:
- Lead teams implementing complex systems and significant business process change into H-E-B’s Manufacturing Division.
- Lead projects in multiple environments and with a wide variety of customers - Plant operations, logistics or main office. Candidates must be ready to work with a diverse range of end-users and able to appropriately tailor their approach and strategy.
- Define and manage project scope, schedule and budget to support company goals with an aggressive roadmap of technology change.
- Identify opportunities for organizational improvement and use influencing skills to bring positive change.
- Determine appropriate project deliverables which may include, communication plans, risk plans, resource plans, architecture plans, implementation plans and quality plans.
- Able to develop effective work estimates and ensure that the project team meets those expectations.
- Provides work direction, coaches, mentors, and motivates project team members and other Project Managers
- Effectively identify a troubled project and execute a plan to bring the project to a successful conclusion or determine the project cannot meet its intended goals and recommend appropriate next steps
- Viewed as informal leader, you will have influence within the Digital and Manufacturing organizations.
- Responsible for successful negotiation and execution of third-party contracts to achieve desired project outcomes and deliverables.
- Receive information in the form of objectives and sets goals to meet objectives.
- Learn and applies business/functional subject matter knowledge to drive successful project outcomes and established business objectives.
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a “Partner-Owner” after 12 months of employment