Director, Project Management at Q2
Do you want to be part of the team that's busy building out the rails of a platform that will change how banking solutions are built and delivered?
Do you want to be part of the embedded finance revolution?
We at Q2-BaaS are busy building the next generation Banking as a Service technology platform that scales to support the company's rapid growth. And we need superstars like you.
Q2 is seeking a Director of Project Management, a leader that enables the team to drive innovation and removes barriers that prevent the team from being its best. You will be responsible for setting up and Planning & Enablement practice for our BaaS division. Your primary responsibility will be to bring predictability & confidence to our execution pipeline that will allow us to operate at scale and inspire customer confidence.
You will have responsibility for all aspects of driving cross-functional alignment and project success across a number of projects including implementation of policies and procedures, systems, analytics projects, and other IT/Security projects.
As part of our BaaS group, you will be working with various stakeholders, product management, and product development teams to develop product and technology roadmaps to ensure we are constantly improving our products while reducing support and infrastructure cost. The role is a part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced fintech organization on the edge of a technical breakout. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong leadership skills that will energize and inspire teams to deliver high-quality products in a timely manner.
- Build out a high-performing PMO practice from the ground up.
- Set overall objectives for the PMO.
- Create (and execute on) a long term PMO vision and strategy for BaaS
- Develop, implement, and govern PMO processes, dashboards, templates, policies, and metrics.
- Monitor compliance with project policies and standards.
- Develops and directs the business and technical teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process.
- Help drive cross-team projects/initiatives
- Help to identify cross-team dependencies and ensure the schedules are aligned
- Own stakeholder and executive communication strategy
- Own quarterly and annual roadmap & capacity planning
- Own product & technology roadmap progress tracking and stakeholder communications.
- Assist in working through non-functional requirements
- Manage a cross-functional team of Project Managers, Program Managers, and Scrum Masters
- Establish the PMO organization structure, hire and manage project staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Drive operational transformation, automation, and continuous improvements while working with stakeholders to define priority for the PMO practice
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 12+ years of Project Management experience, Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Project Management software such as MS Projects, Azure DevOps, Jira and Trello.
- Proficiency in all other Microsoft office software suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Excellent management skills, ability to coordinate with business customers, internal stakeholders, and external vendors.
- Change Management experience is highly desired
- Knowledge of bank systems and processes is highly desired
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and professional under deadlines.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- PMP certification and Agile certifications are strongly desired.
- Experience managing projects in a banking or financial services organization.
- Experience in managing a team, coaching, and leading people in alignment with our values.
- Experience in leading a PMO and executing large and complex projects, that have a technology forward focus.
- Prior experience in setting up a PMO practice from the ground up is a bonus
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.