The Functional Consultant serves as a business and solution expert, providing technical expertise for and facilitating the deployment of large, enterprise, and complex customer implementations. This position gathers and analyzes customer requirements, engages in consultative and technical solutions, organizes the setup, configuration, and training for customer deployments.
This role will serve as the primary functional/operational point of contact for large and enterprise customers going through implementation, and will be responsible for aligning resources as necessary in order to successfully implement complex solutions.
- Works with customers to identify current and future customer business requirements and operational practices
- Gathers and analyzes functional requirements by conducting workshops with customers and internal stakeholders and reviewing system setup for production customers.
- Creates and updates documentation on system solutions to meet the customer’s business requirements.
- Establishes personal rapport and serves as a primary point of contact during the deployment process.
- Seeks to understand and confirm success criteria for customer engagements, ensures executive and operational sponsorship and ensures customer engagement throughout the deployment.
- Participate in the configuration, data entry, and validation of setup of the customer software solution.
- Responsible for working with the project team to ensure that all setup, validation, pilot, and roll-out dates are determined and documented.
- Ensures that the setup and rollout schedule is adhered to by both the customer and HS.
- Work with customers during the pilot and rollout stages to ensure they are successfully adopting the software.
- Identifies and reports on progress, business impact metrics, and rollout reporting during the project
- Create documentation and educational content that can be delivered to customers to create value via webinars, online community, or other marketing campaigns to assist deployments.
- Provides web-based, phone, and in-person customer requirements discovery and analysis and training.
- Performs product demonstrations and designs user acceptance criteria documentation.
- Presents and articulates advanced product features and benefits.
- Help to develop customer's staff by providing technical information, training, and guidance.
- Stays current on product releases and enhancements.
- Track progress and report status internally and to clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify, analyze, and respond to project risks, as they occur.
- Lead quality acceptance activities, for each of the project milestones.
- Partner with Customer Care and Customer Success departments to help transition a customer from the deployment phase to ongoing Support, at completion of project.
- Ensure tasks are constantly updated to reflect actual project status.
- Track Time by billable project daily, ensuring that 85% of logged hours are billable.
- Travel may be required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills and ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment within a (virtual) team.
- Ability to manage multiple complex implementations projects, including timelines, scoping, business requirements, functional documentation, etc.
- Work internally and with customer stakeholders to set and manage expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex topics in a clear, concise and easily understood manner
- Proficient in Google Apps, Smartsheets and project management tools
- Strong analytics proficiency
- Hospitality mindset
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate new technologies and corresponding value propositions
- Ability to deliver on business commitments
- Expertise in Business Analysis is required.
- Experience in Labor Management, Time and Attendance, Cash Management, and/or Inventory Software
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering development process is desirable.
- Personal Qualities (Leader, Self-Motivated, Flexible, Enthusiastic and Organized).
- Domain experience in food service or retail industries is desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.