Global Facilities Project Manager (Contractor) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Contractor to support return to office efforts and global real estate projects across 6 locations. This is a person who thrives in a fast-moving environment and has a strong understanding of how office environments and culture can impact all employees and visitors. In this full-time (Contract) hourly role, you will work across all levels in the company as a problem solver who brings practical solutions to common inquiries and requests. This position reports to the Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Real Estate & Facilities, who reports to the Chief People Officer, on macro level facility goals and initiatives
- When reviewing schematic drawings, ensure office environment/facility provides for a positive employee and visitor experience
- Lead cross-functional teams executing our strategy. Negotiate and manage direct vendor/partner contracts (i.e architects, general contractors, subcontractors, furniture, security, etc.)
- Review and approve letters of intent, lease proposals and counter proposals, review leases, consult with legal and finance team on terms and conditions
- Partner with Information Technology to ensure networking, AV, telecommunications, and security support are in alignment with company requirements.
- Collaborate closely with the Manager, Office and Employee Experience, on Return to Office (post Covid) communications for employees in different offices in alignment with local restrictions
- Manage lunch and snack vendors as BC returns to the office
- Assist with managing employee concerns or escalations
- Coordinate office maintenance as needed
- Complete ad-hoc projects as needed and all other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience in corporate real estate and/or facilities management BigCommerce | July 20, 2021
- Broad exposure to facilities or property management, real estate service delivery oversight and vendor management, real estate capital or project management (construction and improvements), and long term real estate strategy formulation.
- Strong track record of effectively managing and developing teams and relationships with internal and external partners globally
- Experience within high growth, start-up environments preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving and process improvement abilities
- Customer first mindset
- Strong computer skills, including GMail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office applications ● You are energized by the ever-changing atmosphere of a growing and evolving company
- Flexible, calm, and pleasant when addressing the unexpected
- Energized by interacting with people and enjoy playing a central role in the office ● Highly organized and collaborative problem solver