Globalization Technologist at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Are you passionate about language technologies and committed to shipping best-in-class localized experiences to millions of global audience? Do you love solving technical challenges and building localization solutions with efficient workflows and integrations? Come join the Cloudflare Globalization team.
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company and there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures and platforms. We are looking for an effective and innovative Globalization Technologist to work with product managers, developers, engineers and localization technology vendors to drive complex internationalization/localization projects and build scalable localization architecture.
You will play a key role in driving end-to-end localization launches for Cloudflare’s products, portals, mobile apps and multimedia assets. You will contribute architectural, implementation and design advice to stakeholders and engineers to ship exceptional localized experiences to our global users efficiently and effectively. In addition, you will set up and own Cloudflare’s localization architecture roadmap, build automated processes and scalable solutions to reduce overhead of adding new locale support.
What you will do:
- Drive end-to-end technical localization programs from planning, scheduling, prioritization, testing to launch and reporting
- Work closely with various stakeholders to assess international readiness, research user requirements, and identify localizability issues for new content assets
- Responsible for localization tooling management, configuration, integration, testing, TM leverage optimization and rollout of new localization processes and workflows
- Contribute to localization technology vendor evaluation, onboarding, implementation, training, support and feature enhancement
- Communicate, influence and guide global teams of varying technical levels on internationalization/localization requirements and development roadmap
What you will bring:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Localization or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language and culture required
- Minimum 5+ years of internationalization and localization engineering experience on the client side with a track record of shipping successful high impact web projects
- Extensive experience and knowledge of leading LMS (Localization Management Systems), CAT (Computer-Aided Translation) tools, TM (Translation Memory), Machine Translation methodologies (statistical, rule-based, hybrid, neural), localization glossaries, file parsers and common localization file formats
- Experience or interest in working with different scripts and encodings, bi-di, CJK, Indic languages
- Exceptional organization, time management, problem-solving, and relationship building skills to operate in a matrix structure
- Passionate about Cloudflare and our mission
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.