MongoDB is seeking an experienced Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Project Manager to join MongoDB’s governance, risk and compliance program.
MongoDB aligns its practices with multiple compliance frameworks in order to support our customer’s needs. As we continue to grow, MongoDB is expanding to support more compliance frameworks. In this position, you will provide and be responsible for the project management support related to MongoDB’s governance, risk and compliance efforts involving tracking and scheduling assessments with external auditors, tracking gap analysis activities, helping to draft communications to inform internal stakeholders of their compliance requirements, and track and drive the internal actions of the GRC team.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in enabling organizations to establish efficient and effective processes, and drive forward change. Familiarity with compliance programs or technical audits in several Information Security related frameworks (i.e. ISO27001, PCI DSS, FedRAMP, NIST SP 800-53) is a plus.
This is a critically important role and a phenomenal opportunity to build out an internal compliance program and help scale MongoDB Inc. to support our customer’s needs. MongoDB is a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $40B market. This position has significant growth potential, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take initiative and help lead.Candidate Profile
The right candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience including:
- process, metrics and dashboard reporting,
- drafting communications,
- drafting meeting minutes,
- rollout of information security training and awareness program
- The ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment, managing multiple large scale projects simultaneously
- Previous experience and/or familiarity with ISO27001 and/or related compliance frameworks such as PCI DSS, FedRAMP, NIST SP 800-53, SOC 2 and HIPAA
- Ability to communicate clearly to various levels of management (including executive management), across various business functions (including engineering)
- An understanding of Cloud Environments, or experience with technology companies
- An enthusiastic spirit -- you enjoy challenges across a broad range of subject areas
- Experience working with technical and non-technical persons
- PMP, other project management certifications, CRISC, ISO27001 Lead Auditor or Implementor certifications are welcome but not required
- Position is based in New York City office but open to remote candidates
- Collaborate with MongoDB product and project managers to help track and drive compliance requirements
- Lead projects involving working with external auditors related to scheduling, drafting relevant communications and communicating metrics
- Help drive the rollout of our training awareness program
- Help schedule and track gaps and remediations related to periodic internal and external audits
- Track internal GRC actions
- Draft presentations and communications around compliance program metrics
- Help to track and present team roadmaps and timelines
The GRC Project Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks:
- People: Collaborate with leads to understand our customer's communication styles to create effective comms
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and prioritize resources based upon understanding and interpreting business needs.
- Communication: Successfully communicate outstanding actions, needs, process recommendations and metrics management
- Research: Gather and analyze feedback from internal stakeholders and develop pragmatic recommendations with respect to compliance communications and program organization
- Customer Service: Ensure MongoDB’s GRC Program operates efficiently with minimal interruption to MongoDB teams. Provide great customer service when interfacing with other MongoDB Teams
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer