Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a strong leader to grow our compliance function within Medallia’s People & Culture (HR) team. The Government and Customer Compliance Manager will advise and assist Medallia with customer compliance and audit requests across the HR function, including but not limited to security clearance, background check policies, and required training completion. This position is responsible for working cross-functionally with business leaders to ensure Medallia adheres to agreed upon government and customer compliance requirements.
This opportunity is flexible to be remote or based in our Pleasanton, CA. office, reporting directly to the Director of Employee Relations and HR Policy.
- Partner with HR, the legal team, and business leaders to manage and maintain customer and regulatory compliance requirements globally, including government contracts.
- Create and maintain a tracking system and business process for handling security clearance and PII of Medallians in line with customer and/or government requirements.
- Develop scalable framework for customer audit requests of HR information.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, interpretation, and communication to leaders regarding the implementation of various compliance plans.
- Provide recommendations for policy updates and guidance to HR and sales teams in conjunction with legal to ensure customer deals align to compliance standards.
- Analyze, refine, and present data as necessary to the HR leadership team regarding compliance efforts and progress.
- Partner with legal team and outside vendors to launch and track Company wide training, including Anti-Harassment, Anti-Bribery, Insider Trading, and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to pass government background checks, including credit check and global sanctions enforcement
- 1 year of experience working on global, enterprise-wide HR projects involving multiple & distinct teams across geographies/time zones.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Familiarity with regulations regarding handling of PII
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to build out and maintain HR processes
- Previously built a brand new HR compliance function from the ground up in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a legal environment, such as paralegal experience or Juris Doctorate degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.