Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We're looking for an experienced director to lead a growing group of teams charged with transforming the Customer Support and Success organization. We're building our global queue management backbone, scalable migrations solutions, improving customer success, among other outcomes. If you are passionate about strategic problem solving, growing leaders, and building a high-performing team then we need you!
You'll work together with other senior leaders to deliver impactful outcomes to the organization. You'll bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility and innovation. You'll promote infectious urgency, intensity, and engagement. You'll be a mentor, multiplier, influencer, negotiator, and awesome communicator.
More about you
You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both. You combine curiosity, judgment, humility, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause.
You engender a collaborative environment where teams work together to solve problems with a positive outlook.
When you encounter a problem you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to drive ahead. You have experience in change management and turning information and questions into action. You're effective interacting with people across all levels of an organization and can field questions during a presentation like a pro.
You learn quickly to be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution. You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
What you are accountable for:
- Operational adoption of a queue management solution that will scale for the next 3-5 years and improves customer outcomes this year.
- Hire front-line managers and individual contributors with phenomenal technical skills, characteristics, and team fit.
- Mature our project planning and execution processes to improve scale, velocity, and precision.
- Establish and improve the metrics that define the health and efficacy of your organization.
- Identify, escalate, and mitigate risk across the portfolio for the forward rolling six quarters.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years delivering successful transformations affecting large, complex, customer-facing systems and processes.
- Methods for success in high-growth organizations with senior cross-functional partners.
- Experience managing a distributed remote team (currently Austin, Amsterdam, and Bengaluru).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources.
- Problem solving aptitude with strong intellectual curiosity.
More about our team
We are a growing operations enablement team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new approaches. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.