Implementation Project Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is a thriving global SaaS company and has been named a “Best Place to Work” in 2021 in multiple offices!! We are looking for an Implementation Project Manager. In this role, you will use your seasoned project management skills to work with our clients on bringing their business ecosystems into the BigCommerce fold. The right candidate will possess strong client relationship skills, the ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide audience, and the ability to help clients achieve launch milestones and build best in class stores for the ever-growing and diverse world of Enterprise and Mid-Market eCommerce.
What You’ll Do
- Own developing and delivering project plans and business requirement documents to lead clients and partners to a successful launch within scope and on schedule
- Maintain comprehensive ownership of the client onboarding experience by coordinating partnership with all professional services teams contracted on projects
- Collaborate with third parties engaged with BigCommerce projects, including client partners, project managers, developers, technical partners and executives in Enterprise and Mid-Market client organizations
- Work with account executives, solutions architects and account managers at the close of sale or immediately after to provide seamless transition from sales to implementation
- Ensure internal stakeholders, up to and including our executive leadership team, are kept informed of major project risks and developments, and are engaged as necessary to ensure client needs are effectively represented and prioritized
- Overcome client obstacles by facilitating communication and advocacy with internal product teams
- Monitor and escalate client support requests as needed to ensure appropriate resolution
- Provide best in class service reflected by client satisfaction survey scores and contribute to high Enterprise client retention rates.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. A focus on computer science, business, management information systems, or organizational behavior related fields preferred.
- CAPM, PRINCE2 or equivalent certification, or equivalent experience required
- Written and verbal fluency in the English language is required
- 2+ years of experience in client implementation or project management within a fast paced technical environment preferred
- Have strong written/verbal communication and client relationship skills
- Experience in eCommerce preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
- Diligent time management
- Proficient in Google/Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, LucidChart, Wrike or equivalent Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- Able to work well with technical and non-technical team members at various levels ranging from support to development
- An ability to be flexible as well as a strong aptitude to adjust to change
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.