HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
The Implementation Specialist is a member of the Customer Experience Team and is responsible for working with Property Managers (PMs) in the vacation rental industry to set up and learn their new software. This includes working with 3rd party vendors, including website providers, and activating e-commerce feeds. You'll own multiple client projects from discovery through completion.
As an Implementation Specialist, you will support our clients through all phases of implementation of their new vacation rental software. You are responsible for guiding the data entry, configuration, and training for HomeAway’s SaaS (Software as a Service) products for vacation rental operations. Property Managers will use their new HomeAway Software to run vacation rental properties on behalf of owners, run all aspects of reservations, and handle all accounting related to the properties.
You'll work with customer teams and HomeAway Software teams - peers, training staff, and managers - to implement these projects. This includes ensuring smooth transitions with our Sales and Software Support teams.
You'll draw upon and learn project management processes, and offer ideas for continual process improvement.
You will work with the Senior Manager, Training & Implementation, Customer Experience.
- Lead multiple implementation projects including project management, data services, training scheduling, customer consulting, internal partnerships, and additional implementation services.
- Handle dedicated implementation projects and work with colleagues on complex, enterprise software implementations.
- Track projects - including progress, achievements, and customer communication - using Google Docs, SalesForce and Basecamp.
- Generate and track software development issues in Jira.
- Communicate with the client throughout the implementation project life cycle and document consistently.
- Ensure timely internal communication with HomeAway teams and external communication to clients and related 3rd parties, such as website providers.
- Work cross functionally with other HomeAway teams including Sales, Support, Product, Listings, Channel Partners, and Web Services.
- Raise issues to management including adjusted timeframes and compensation requests.
- Conduct needs analysis to figure out appropriate implementation requirements for non-standard projects.
- Assist with identification of risks and with development of mitigation plans.
- Report progress and ensure timely Go Live.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on products, issues, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and offer customers a better experience.
- Travel 1-2 times a year to meet with team members or company conferences.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of enterprise software implementation experience.
- Good customer skills, including expectation-setting.
- Dedication to quality customer experience.
- Teamwork skills with internal and external teams.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, Google Docs, and CRM.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Experience with database set-up, including data entry, plus accounting modules in a business management software system.
- Experience working on or being responsible for an end user software migration.
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
- Experience using Jira.
- Experience with Basecamp or other project management tools.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.