Why YOU want this position:
Oildex by Drillinginfo is transforming the way oil and gas companies manage their financial operations. Over 250 operators, 61,000 suppliers, dozens of financial institutions and millions of mineral rights owners in North America use the Oildex Network to seamlessly and securely collaborate across their financial supply chains, automate key business processes, eliminate the high cost and errors of paper, and obtain access to key data to make more informed business decisions.
About the Role:
The Implementation Specialist is responsible for the successful installation of Revenue and Owner Relations products on time and on budget providing exceptional service and experience utilizing Oildex’s implementation process. Coordinates communication with all areas of the organization that impacts the timeline, budget, scope, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed. Ensures milestones are successfully met through the management of project activities, tasks, and coordination of resources. This position is responsible for the overall coordination, execution, and delivery of software development projects.
- Responsible for managing the implementation project team for new client implementation in order to ensure accuracy and timelines of all new business. Works to ensure the successful implementation of Oildex products and services, including business process review, configuration, testing, training, and “Go Live” of new customers, followed by stabilization and transition to Customer Service.
- Responsible for successful implementation of each new client by building high quality relationships with sales and services to meet financial and quality goals.
- Develops and manage project plans for customer implementation projects. Manages product implementations, including project planning.
- Provides project management services on assigned projects and coordinates work timelines and expectations between the customer and all other groups, departments, third parties and other individuals who are involved in the project. If product or system implementation is not performed satisfactorily (w/quality), it may affect the client’s ability to process payments to their suppliers which will cause miss discounts, decreased client satisfaction, survey scores, and retention.
- Conducts administrative training for new users on assigned projects regarding applications of software.
- Works with clients to determine configuration required, identifying processes, and share best practices to connect to their ERP system.
- Provides pro-active follow-up with clients in resolving any and all issues related to the implementation process. Interacts with customers, internal departments, and third party vendors to troubleshoot installation and implementation issues. Escalates customer issues to upper management as appropriate.
- Establishes project scope with customer and manage implementations to ensure on-time delivery.
- Defines requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment through coordination of project kickoff.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks. Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Organizes, produces, and reports on the development and testing progress of ongoing implementations, on-boarding efforts, and statements of work.
- Provides input to management on new implementation policies, programs, procedures and schedules, based on knowledge of identified needs or changes in services and continuous improvement objectives.
- Analyzes existing workflow environments and assists with setting up and configuring new installations to fit into workflow models.
- Develops and maintains detailed technical knowledge of the specifications, operation, and diagnostic of products while maintaining familiarity with competing products.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service and respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Provides application and business expertise to clients, without direct supervision. Consults with Senior Leaders from IT and Finance in client organization on adapting solutions to their needs.
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- Associate’s degree in business management, finance, or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ years related experience in managing software implementation projects
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Understanding of oil and gas operations and revenue accounting is preferred
- Proficient in al MS office Products including advanced abilities with MS Project; familiar with on-line systems
- Knowledge of project management tools and web tools
- Ability to learn new software applications, from a functional perspective, with minimal guidance
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks while handling multiple assignments
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to problem solve and seek alternatives and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Works independently in a fast paced environment without required immediate supervision