Interconnection Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the department
The Infrastructure team builds the platform that enables Cloudflare to improve Internet performance, security and computing in over 200 cities around the world. We're on a continuing missing to grow and interconnect with networks directly and in local proximity of its users. The Network Strategy group cultivates the relationships with our bandwidth partners, ensuring value, sustainability and scalability.What you'll do
- Lead Cloudflare Infrastructure into Mobile Edge Compute in the United States, expanding our scope and coverage with operators, partners and standards organizations
- Lead North & South America ISP Relationship Management, continually optimizing and expanding interconnection for settlement free partners & commercial partners
- Liaise Infrastructure to Product, Engineering and Operations, providing a feedback loop for trends, development and improvement
The team’s goal is to grow Cloudflare’s network to 500 Points of Presence in the next 5 years, and your leadership is required in this effort to:
- You are the regional expert for North and South America for all interconnection relationships, responsible for improving availability, capacity, effectiveness and costs
- Take inventory, know and understand top ISP's in each country within North, Central and South America
- Develop an engagement program to ensure relationship continuity with all interconnection partners for scale and traffic growth
- Formulate strategy and execute tactical plan to effectively balance traffic between Backbone, Partner, Transit, IX and Peer
- Engage with internal customers to plan requirements and deliver cross functional projects and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Measure and monitor current utilization against SLA and drive to continuously improve the processes and performances toward interval, quality and cost metrics.
- Advise in budget planning cycles to ensure proper resources are allocated for continued growth and scale
- Collaborate in target planning and technical service requirements with Partner and Vendor acquisition teams
- Work in a global team that envisions and orchestrates roadmaps for constant interconnection improvements
- Work with telco and mobile operators directly on edge compute and internet gateway optimization
- Represent and inject Cloudflare into communities of interests relating to 5G evolution and Mobile Edge Compute development
- Attend and speak at conferences to extend our brand and reputation in security, performance and edge compute
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- MS or BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience relating to Infrastructure for Telco, Internet, mobile, CDN, network security, mobile edge compute
- 3+ years of strategic negotiations of high value network infrastructure services such as datacenter, transport, transit, cloud compute
- Can demonstrate working knowledge of DWDM, BGP, Caching, Transit vs Peering, Dark vs Lit Fiber, MEC, RAN, EPC
- Spanish and/or Portueguese a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.