IT Project Manager at Kendra Scott
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Kendra Scott is looking to hire an IT Project Manager to ensure all projects on the roadmap are being managed with industry best practices, in a timely manner, and with the highest quality deliverables. Our ideal candidate must be highly organized, an amazing communicator, and great at working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of IT projects with a defined beginning and end.
• Partner with project sponsor to define project objectives, scope, schedule, and budget.
• Establish project charter and plan and other key project artifacts, including success criteria.
• Create and manage project requirements, schedules, milestones, deliverables to ensure quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
• Lead and direct project teams to meet project objectives.
• Track, review, evaluate, and report baselines and executes project plans, schedules and budgets.
• Forecast, manage and monitor project budgets ensuring timely delivery within budget, and fostering effective cross-functional communication and collaboration.
• Identify and prioritize project issues/risks; make recommendations for risk mitigation.
• Support the creation of statements of work (SOWs) with project leadership; may include the coordination of vendor activities.
• Partner with technical support teams to develop user-training plans, technical support documentation, and in some cases training delivery.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Prepare status reports and communication plans.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors. Influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field is required
• 5-8 years’ project management experience in a high-volume, time-sensitive environment is required. Retail environment preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills with strong ability to build and foster relationships
• Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Knowledge of best practices in terms of project management processes, controls and methodologies
• Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting principles and ability to apply principles to project administration
• Expert tracking, reporting and follow-up skills
• Highly proficient with MS O365, MS Project and SharePoint
• PMP certification is preferred
• Experience managing projects in a cloud environment is preferred