IT Project Manager at Bright Health
- Manage different types of projects including infrastructure and application development, solution orchestration and integration, product selection and implementation, upgrades and deployments and operational efficiency improvements
- Be able to pull together numerous aspects of a proposed solution, to create a cohesive and organized plan, motivate resources to execute on that plan, and drive the plan through to its final and committed completion
- Bring clarity to project objectives, plan and deliverables such that conflicts are minimized
- Develop comprehensive project work breakdown structures and associated schedules, resolving project ambiguities as necessary
- Be comfortable and capable managing projects that may have unknowns, ambiguity and uncertainty, which you can sensibly define, structure and convey to others in a clear and organized manner
- Utilize technical depth and proficiency in Software Development Lifecycle, to contribute your ideas and offer logical analysis, when managing complex and creative project solutions
- Demonstrate your ability to have ownership of your projects, holding others accountable with respect and consideration, while also pushing them to deliver on their responsibilities
- Ability to anticipate, track and clearly articulate risks, changes, opportunities, implications and options, as well as offer sound judgement and recommendations for mitigating program impacting events
- Be comfortable and capable to produce articulate and proficient written documentation, including status reports, correspondences, presentations, illustrations and reference materials
- Develop and deliver communication strategies that convey status, end state and ensure stakeholder expectations are set appropriately
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or related business field required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Healthcare and/or Information Technology program / project management required working on Infrastructure and Cloud ERP solutions
- Five (5) or more years of experience with project software, i.e. MS Project, Jira, Smartsheet, or other related software required.
- Working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required.
- Experience with Vendor Relationship Management preferred.
- Experience working with diagramming tools such as Visio, LucidChart, or others preferred.
- Familiarity with testing processes (test plans, test data, end-to-end, etc.) preferred.
- PMI or PMP certification a plus; ITIL Foundation certification a plus.
- Experience with enterprise-class software systems with external interfaces to third-party systems
- Experience managing both fixed-price and T&M contracts
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and project management tools
- Project management certifications are preferred for this role. Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI-ACP) certification, Scrum Master (CSM) certification (Preferred)
- Experience with cloud and SaaS platform-based solutions for corporate use is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in leading software development business initiatives
- Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a must
- Solid understanding of SOX compliancy
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally including acquisition integrations, new module or system implementations, systems selections and maintenance / hot fix updates
- Business Process Expertise – have a deep understanding of and ability to articulate best practices across core business processes; ability to integrate acquired business into existing business processes
- Systems Implementation – experience implementing business systems, integrations and managing the process to design, build, test and deploy systems
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results