IT Project Manager at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Manage different types of projects including infrastructure and application development, solution orchestration and integration, product selection and implementation, upgrades and deployments and operational efficiency improvements
- Be able to pull together numerous aspects of a proposed solution, to create a cohesive and organized plan, motivate resources to execute on that plan, and drive the plan through to its final and committed completion
- Bring clarity to project objectives, plan and deliverables such that conflicts are minimized
- Develop comprehensive project work breakdown structures and associated schedules, resolving project ambiguities as necessary
- Be comfortable and capable managing projects that may have unknowns, ambiguity and uncertainty, which you can sensibly define, structure and convey to others in a clear and organized manner
- Utilize technical depth and proficiency in Software Development Lifecycle, to contribute your ideas and offer logical analysis, when managing complex and creative project solutions
- Demonstrate your ability to have ownership of your projects, holding others accountable with respect and consideration, while also pushing them to deliver on their responsibilities
- Ability to anticipate, track and clearly articulate risks, changes, opportunities, implications and options, as well as offer sound judgement and recommendations for mitigating program impacting events
- Be comfortable and capable to produce articulate and proficient written documentation, including status reports, correspondences, presentations, illustrations and reference materials
- Develop and deliver communication strategies that convey status, end state and ensure stakeholder expectations are set appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or related business field required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Healthcare and/or Information Technology program / project management required working on Infrastructure and Cloud ERP solutions
- Five (5) or more years of experience with project software, i.e. MS Project, Jira, Smartsheet, or other related software required.
- Working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required.
- Experience with Vendor Relationship Management preferred.
- Experience working with diagramming tools such as Visio, LucidChart, or others preferred.
- Familiarity with testing processes (test plans, test data, end-to-end, etc.) preferred.
- PMI or PMP certification a plus; ITIL Foundation certification a plus.
- Experience with enterprise-class software systems with external interfaces to third-party systems
- Experience managing both fixed-price and T&M contracts
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and project management tools
- Project management certifications are preferred for this role. Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI-ACP) certification, Scrum Master (CSM) certification (Preferred)
- Experience with cloud and SaaS platform-based solutions for corporate use is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in leading software development business initiatives
- Experience with scrum and other agile development methods is a must
- Solid understanding of SOX compliancy
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally including acquisition integrations, new module or system implementations, systems selections and maintenance / hot fix updates
- Business Process Expertise – have a deep understanding of and ability to articulate best practices across core business processes; ability to integrate acquired business into existing business processes
- Systems Implementation – experience implementing business systems, integrations and managing the process to design, build, test and deploy systems
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.