IT Project Manager at Whole Foods Market
- Initiates, plans, and implements small to medium projects utilizing WFM’s methodologies, practices and requirements in a single technical domain.
- Defines and follows communication plan with Team Members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Plans the project in detail and works with resource managers to acquire and schedule human and technical resources.
- Tracks dependencies on partners, vendors, and other 3rd parties.
- Accurately documents and communicates project status to leaders and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Establishes project documentation library and ensures project management deliverables are completed.
- Controls project quality and success by actively managing issues and the decision process, assessing risks, initiating and tracking change requests, meeting schedule and deadlines for deliverables, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Organizes, attends, participates in, and facilitates meetings and ceremonies with Team Members and peer stakeholders, and distributes minutes to all attendees where appropriate.
- Responds to critical situations with accurate analysis, problem breakdown, option assessment, and clear communication and/or escalation with the right stakeholders, if needed.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, ceaseless energy and persistence to achieve goals despite obstacles and difficulties.
- Diplomatically but assertively leads negotiation of competing priorities and interruptions with stakeholders on behalf of the team, escalating where necessary.
- Working knowledge with advanced project task scheduling tools (MS Project, Workfront).
- Working knowledge in planning and managing projects with waterfall project management methodologies (e.g. PMBOK, PRINCE II).
- Working knowledge in developing waterfall project management deliverable structure and content.
- Working knowledge managing custom or packaged/SaaS vendor (e.g. AWS, ServiceNow) projects.
- Ability to monitor and control projects using waterfall project measurements and metrics.
- Working knowledge in waterfall project governance to keep projects on track financially, technically, and in accordance with stakeholder deadlines.
- Working knowledge with waterfall estimating and diagramming tools and techniques.
- Experience with advanced backlog management and project task scheduling tools (e.g. JIRA, Rally).
- Working knowledge with planning and managing projects using Agile/Lean project management principles and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Working knowledge developing Agile/Lean project management deliverable structure and content.
- Working knowledge assessing and leading project risk, issue, and scope change management using Agile/Lean principles.
- Ability to produce and interpret project performance using Agile/Lean project measurements and metrics.
- Working knowledge in Agile/Lean project governance to keep projects on track financially, technically, and in accordance with stakeholder deadlines.
- Experience with Agile/Lean estimating tools and techniques (e.g. Planning Poker, etc.).
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Actively participates and collaborates with Team Members to achieve business goals.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
- Ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of diverse audiences.
- Well-organized, able to multi-task, and adhere to deadlines
- Can understand and articulate WFM’s business operations within a single business process.
- Understands supported region / store / team’s contribution to WFM’s business objectives.
- Knowledge of Organics, Fair Trade and the Natural Foods industry.
- Develops understanding of the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships.
- Uses judgment to convey an appropriate sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Ensures that all personal and team activities, metrics, and reports are conducted with as high transparency as possible for stakeholders, leaders, partners, and as part of a program if applicable.
- Able to question information received for appropriateness and completeness.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-5 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. (required)
- At least one industry-standard project management certification. (preferred)
- 2+ year’s experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus. (required)
- 2+ years building and leading teams. (required)
- Experience working with a structured project management methodology. (required)
- Familiarity with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each Team Member. (required)
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.