Lead Program Manager at Fivestars
Lead Program Manager
Fivestars is America’s largest local commerce network, driving over $3 billion of sales and 100 million transactions annually. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. We offer an all-in-one payments, loyalty and marketing automation platform that brings more customers to local businesses. Founded in 2011, Fivestars is backed by Lightspeed, DCM, Menlo Ventures, HarbourVest, and others. Together, let’s #LoveLocal.
For more information visit: www.fivestars.com
Who you are:
We are looking for a Lead Program Manager who is excited to lead the program management team as we tackle the important challenges facing today’s small businesses.
We want a leader who is passionate about helping our product teams execute smoothly, efficiently, and in an aligned direction. You and your team will own the velocity of strategic initiatives, create implementation plans, and drive them across product teams and their partner organizations. You are both capable of leading, mentoring a team of program managers, as well as serving as a scrum master for individual teams to ensure larger initiatives are unblocked and progressing as expected.
You will bring a depth of functional (project management) and a proven track record of shipping fantastic products.
Upon coming on board, you will be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing, and learning. You will work in a group of highly collaborative, iterative, and curious makers excited by creating new and innovative solutions to our user’s problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Mentor and build out a team of world-class program managers
- Be a player and a coach: you'll have projects that you may own in addition to those of the team
- Introduce project management best practices to the rest of the company.
- Coach and mentor the Agile team to facilitate the adoption and maturity of Agile processes; leading multiple technical teams to develop Agile solutions.
- Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to support large-scale programs and initiatives.
- Lead others to drive ongoing program improvements based on user feedback, performance measurements, and program retrospectives.
- Identifies risks, bottlenecks & other down-stream problems i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability, established process gap, etc.) that will jeopardize the velocity or outcome of cross-functional projects and provide escalation management. Participate in collaboration for short term solve, until process improvement is implemented.
- Organize and execute software team training, mentoring, and Agile Sprint Ceremonies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6-8+ years of program or project management and scrum master experience (ideally PMP and CSM certified)
- Management experience preferred
- An understanding of what the best practice PMP processes are and the ability to discern when they’re not appropriate for a startup environment
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Passion about the SMB space and the problems we are solving
- A natural talent for moderating competing ideas, predicting likely process failures & fire drills, and finding creative solutions
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.