Learning Experience Creative Director at Aceable
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (CST) on Monday, July 29, 2019
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a passionate creative director to lead our team’s mission to create awesome, engaging and effective online courses. In this role, you will manage, mentor and support a team of graphic designers and videographers creating educational media across a range of verticals and products.
Aceable creates engaging and effective online education delivered through all devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
Aceable currently serves 1.5M students a year across the United States, including 80% of the US market in drivers education. In 2018, Aceable expanded into real estate education where it looks to repeat that same success.
Aceable employees enjoy a creative and collaborative culture and was named one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 by the Austin Business Journal, and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a crackerjack force of instructional designers, writers, video producers and graphic designers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students.
Submit a resume, a cover letter outlining relevant experience and a digital portfolio clearly stating the role you played—manager, illustrator, designer, etc— for the samples within the portfolio.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of graphic designers, videographers and animators creating visual educational content across a range of verticals and course types
- Mentor and develop your team both individually and collectively, unlocking potential through detailed, thoughtful conceptual, stylistic and technical feedback
- Manage team resources and project plans across a range of workflows and products
- Envision, test and develop scalable, rich-media educational content formats appropriate for web and mobile delivery in support of strong student pass rates, engagement, consumption and NPS scores
- Partner closely with the Director of Learning Experience, UI/UX, instructional design team and writers to provide thought leadership on how text, image and moving image support one another in an online learning platform
- Partner with the Director of Learning Experience to connect theory and practice, translating research findings and/or best practices to the speed and requirements of the business
- Functional leadership
- Support the team’s efforts to diversify media types and treatments in support of increasingly effective learning outcomes, higher NPS scores and greater course engagement and consumptionLead efforts to align on standards for the use of content treatments, tools and stylization
- Be a helpful stakeholder for learning platform and UX decisions
- Be a positive, humble and supportive resource. Look for scalable solutions and start scrappy whenever possible
- Live and lead through the Aceable core values
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A track record (minimum 3 years) of success managing designers and rich-media content creators
- Extensive experience designing and/or directing illustrations and visualizations
- Working knowledge of the 3rd party resources and tools available to support production
- Experience creating content at scale in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding collaboration and organization skills, including the ability to develop workflows
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly while managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to forecast challenges and positively and proactively work to address them
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges and achieving outsized results
- Technical Proficiency in the full Adobe suite
- Startup experience a major plus
- A working understanding of instructional design best practices, including backwards design
- Experience with Brandfolder, Canva and Vyond
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description