Manager, Professional Services Development/Technical Team
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
As a Delivery Manager, you will lead a team of resources within Professional Services. This team may consist of individual contributors or Delivery Lead(s) and their associated teams. The Delivery Manager serves in a managerial role and will handle leadership responsibilities within the team in addition to performing individual customer project work.
This role is responsible for the effective and billable utilization of the team. The Delivery Manager will be responsible for a portion of the customer portfolio management either by delivery area, customer, issues or knowledge area. The Delivery Manager is responsible for the human resource, performance management and staff development of the team. This role will heavily support Professional Services operations within the team. They are accountable to make sure the individuals on the team provide high quality deliverables, within budget and on-time deliverables to their customer projects.
You are a part of a larger cross functional team consisting of business analysts, business consultants, technical consultants, conversion analysts, developers, engagement managers, managers and leads. It is the Delivery Manager’s responsibility to collaborate with the cross functional team and with Delivery Leads, Portfolio Managers and other Delivery Managers to drive delivery excellence and key metrics of the Professional Services organization.
This role is included in the Effective Utilization (EU) and Billable Utilization (BU) targets for the entire Professional Services practice. This role may report into a Portfolio Leader or Director level.
Staff Management Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Professional Services team members
- Participate and or lead efforts in recruitment, retaining, and developing team members capable of delivering high quality services
- Motivate and inspire team members and ensure they have the resources to be successful
- Measure and help improve employee performance through quarterly check-ins and mid-year and annual performance reviews and goal planning.
- Leads by example, with energy, passion, enthusiasm and acts with integrity.
- Preference for applicant with previous experience managing technical resources and/or has Technical/Development background
- Preference for applicant with previous experience staffing technical resources on resource assignments
Professional Service Operations Responsibilities
- Responsible for team productivity against the Effective and Billable Utilization targets.
- Ensuring you and your team are adhering to the Operations and Information Management standards
- Understand the specific goals for revenue, gross margin, and EBIT for the practice and responsible for working to meet those metrics
- Forecasting resource needs to match sales bookings
- Work with Offshore or other partners to assist with delivery of work
- Interface with Managers from other Technical areas including RDO, Sustained Engineering, etc.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the vertical specific needs
- Assist with project escalations.
- Work with Business Development to provide scopes or estimates and in developing go to market strategies for the specific vertical.
- Strong understanding of the product in various roles beyond your own to which you’re performing.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Managing multiple priorities, including balancing your workload and the monitoring of your team members’ workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively independently, as part of a group, and to provide leadership for team members
- Strong attention to detail and pro-active quality control
- Able to maintain composure in unfamiliar situations
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.