Manager, Technology Partnerships at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Manager, Tech Partnerships will have an incredible impact on the ongoing success of the company. Strategic Business Development (SBD) exists to create merchant value through world-class partnerships, and to drive the future innovation in revenue generation at BigCommerce. This tech/e-comm/SaaS leader will be challenged with identifying areas of revenue growth through partnerships, working closely with the SBD partnership teams and senior leadership.
The Manager, Tech Partnerships will serve as the team leader within SBD by evolving our Tech Partner ecosystem and by leading the shared resources that our partners depend upon to excellence.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all aspects of the BigCommerce Technology Partnership Program framework, including design, execution, logistics, and measurement.
- Manage the Tech Apps Marketplace, identify areas of opportunity for partner acquisition, and ensure partner success.
- Lead the provided revenue growth initiatives such as BoBo (Billing on behalf of), embedded apps, and enabling our partners to execute digital ad campaigns.
- Optimize the partner experience (Partner Portal) and collaborate with the Partner Marketing team to design, implement, and scale communication, training, and co-marketing activities for large group of longtail partners (600+).
- Develop success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption of partner technology solutions and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and partner.
- Work with the Partner Management team to identify, nurture, and hand-off key relationships when they reach strategic value.
- Closely monitor and maintain reports for all technology partners, including revenue share, sponsorships, and program fees, to ensure that partners are following all program guidelines and meeting requirements.
- Lead 2-3 direct reports in Partner Enablement and Partner Integration Consulting.
- Influence executive leadership in setting clear, actionable and measurable performance goals for the Tech Partner Program, while also quickly identifying, quantifying, and solving problems and other roadblocks to success.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Support teams, in order to ensure optimal alignment and execution of key programs across these other groups.
- Act as primarily point of contact/product owner for 500+ partner solutions.
- Manage shared resources for SBD including our Sales Enablement and Partner Technical Consultant roles.
- Actively foster a culture of high standards, personal accountability, and high performance.
- Join the team as we take SBD to its next level – company contribution of 40% or higher – by making a more effective and efficient path to success for partners.
Role Model Strategic Acumen and Initiative:
- Draw on experience to see ahead clearly and anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and often; amongst peer departments, executive leadership and externally with partners and the industry as a whole.
- Accurately determine the most effective way forward to achieve assigned objectives.
- Provide organization and stakeholders with the information required to make decisions and take action in support of organizational goals.
- Recognize the need or opportunity to proactively implement change that improves performance and drives the organization forward.
- Take a planned and systematic approach to organizational change.
- Adapt to unanticipated events, adjust plans, and deploy resources to maintain progress.
- Make quick accurate decisions even with incomplete or unclear information.
- Advise the leadership team on current and future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years’ experience developing, executing and managing partnerships with an exceptional ‘deal toolkit’ that demonstrates a pattern of creativity and success, including experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- 1+ years experience managing people.
- Prior marketing, sales management, or partner management experience is preferred.
- Strong e-commerce domain expertise.
- Clear trajectory of professional growth over time.
- Prior experience building shareholder value through revenue growth and partner management.
- A reputation for providing outstanding leadership, creating commitment and accountability, resolving conflict, influencing without authority, inspiring teams, and creating an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and cooperatively to produce outstanding results.
- A strategic thinker who thrives on challenges, is agile, possesses a great deal of perspective and has a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Possess a technical understanding of software and the e-commerce space, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and have a high degree of business and sales acumen allowing you to make sound decisions and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and develop strong relationships with the product team and engineers, both internally and externally.
- You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills and be able to provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you successfully anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks and can shift gears comfortably.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 10% travel which may require overnight stays or a week long stays at locations (depending on project).
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings