“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Under the direction of the AVP of Government Programs, the Manager will serve as strategic thought leader in government innovation programs and take a lead role in the financial analysis of the Direct Contracting program for NeueHealth. This individual is accountable for the management perspective of Direct Contracting to ensure informed and financially sound decisions are made. The individual is also responsible to identify and support the pursuit of opportunities for membership growth.
The Manager will engage with internal and external business partners for an integrated approach in planning, implementing, and managing Direct Contracting clinical, financial, and operations for improved performance.
- Builds and manages dynamic financial models to estimate and predict the impact of variables on DCE performance (such as changes in provider composition, utilization, etc.)
- Collaborates with Finance and Actuarial teams on financial reporting, risk pool settlement, claims reserves, risk adjustment, and CMS shared savings versus benchmark
- Partners with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to provide actionable financial reporting to the management team
- Researches and monitors CMS/CMMI and local industry regulations and developments independently and through relationships with consultants and trade organizations (such as NAACOS and APG)
- Writes letters of intent (LOIs) and RFA responses with input from organizational leadership and consultants
- Manages key operational processes and work cross functionally to ensure timely development and execution of operational activities required to successfully operate ACO/DCE
- Provide strategic direction and support to functional leadership teams who are each accountable for their area’s program performance, including network, care and quality management, marketing, member engagement and data analytics
- Establish and measure program financial, clinical, and operational performance targets; identify issues and opportunities and initiate development of strategies to realize those opportunities
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Eight (8) or more years of professional experience required
- Three (3) or more years of management consulting experience required, preferably in health care
- Two (2) or more years of modeling and analytics experience required
- Three (3) or more years of experience in ACO preferred
- Deep understanding of CMS innovation models required
- Strong collaboration skills with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders and business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, multi-task, complete projects in a timely fashion and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills a must.
- Experience working in highly matrixed and cross-functional environments
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology, and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized, and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities, we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.