Marketplace Partner Program Manager at Atlassian
About our team:
The Atlassian Marketplace is one of the largest B2B app stores globally and has exceeded $400 million in annual app sales this past year. Atlassian's Marketplace ecosystem is growing and so is our Marketplace Programs team! We work directly with our most strategic Marketplace app partners who help Atlassian deliver complete solutions for any team integrated with our products.
As customers evolve from on-premise to a cloud-first world, our applications and programs need to evolve as well. The Atlassian Marketplace Partner Program is designed to recognize and support developers who build apps and integrations that extend Atlassian product capabilities. Security, reliability and trust is top of mind for Atlassian customers of all sizes, and the Atlassian Partner Program allows us to ensure that customers have great experiences with their apps, and rewards partners (the brains behind their favorite apps!) who are most aligned with our objectives.
As the Marketplace Partner Program Manager for Atlassian's Marketplace Partner business, you'll be responsible for evolving the program that develops our community of Marketplace Partners, driving growth and velocity aligned to Atalssian's company objectives.
This is the perfect job for a Program Manager with experience managing, supporting and accelerating growth via technology partnerships. The ideal candidate has broad execution skills, knows how to roll up their sleeves, has a proven ability to work with global, cross-functional teams to drive successful programs across Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Analytics and Support. Along with managing a roadmap of program initiatives, they will be responsible for partner communications, analysis, and research required to motivate and ensure Marketplace Partners successfully adopt the product or program initiative.
- Build a strategic program roadmap for the Atlassian Marketplace Partner Program that drives growth of our Marketplace Partner community and the Marketplace business.
- Identify what requirements will increase customers trust in our Marketplace apps and partners, and the supporting benefits you'd think would be best to encourage ongoing commitment from our partners.
- Define a requirements and benefits structure that aligns to other Atlassian Partner Programs to encourage cross-pollination of our ecosystems.
- Define key success metrics centered around partner retention, growth and experience that continue to raise the bar over time.
- Scope and launch benefit program initiatives like co-marketing campaigns and development funds.
- Leverage the Atlassian Solution Partner Program, alongside market research, to recommend and scope training needs that would facilitate development of our partner community.
- Build and manage the feedback loop between Marketplace Partners and Atlassians to provide insights and recommendations back to Product teams.
- Create a best-in-class Marketplace Partner experience by defining infrastructure, tools and processes, needed to support the Atlassian Marketplace Partner Program across the partner journey; engage with Sales, Support and Program operations to drive these projects to execution.
- Create change management, content and communication plans to drive adoption of program initiatives.
- Lead internal change management needs across supporting functions.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Design to raise the visibility of partner status to customers across Atlassian properties.
- Ensure apps have a seat at the customer conversation by partnering with Field and Sales teams to create trainings and playbooks.
- Partner with Marketing and Channel to integrate third party apps into our GTM activities.
- Work with a globally distributed team across Sydney, California, Bangalore and Amsterdam to help set project teams up for contributing to the overall success of the programs.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience building programs from scratch in a global software organization.
- Experience using qualitative analysis to diagnose paint points - you will gain an understanding and empathy for Marketplace Partners in adopting a technology or program, and work across all the various teams within Atlassian to ensure those gaps are closed for successful adoption by our Marketplace Partners.
- Experience turning strategy into executable plans, experience in project management, know how to manage complex projects.
- An analytic rigor, drive to support decisions with data and can make that data digestible to varied audiences (big data, financial models, SQL, etc.)
- You have the ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy.
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, and can creatively think on your feet to adapt.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams as we're growing our delivery capability globally. Flexibility to align to some European working hours as needed.
- Promote, define, refine and carry out lightweight processes that fit our culture and values.
- Bonus if you have a solid understanding of Independent Software Vendor (ISV) program business models and the importance a healthy ecosystem of vendor partners has on the adoption and stickiness of software products.
- You are a strategic thinker with a passion for pushing beyond the status-quo.
- You see roadblocks as a way to leverage your out-of-the-box thinking.
- You're a spectacular communicator and negotiator, with a knack for influencing change across teams by establishing trust.
- You're able to identify and articulate value proposition and effectively balance the needs of partners, customers, and internal stakeholders like a fine art.
- You have a track record of creating and evolving programs with the right balance of speed and detail.
- You lead with risk mitigation over risk management. You value outcomes over output and progress over perfection.
- You are able to effectively and collaboratively identify and synchronise project interdependencies across multiple teams, and navigate risks and change along the way.
- You're experienced building new programs from scratch and scaling them to new heights.
- You have a passion for helping external businesses grow!
- You like to get sh*t done, roll up your sleeves and deliver quickly and often.
- You know when to engage for varying perspectives, but also know when to make informed decisions and what to optimize for.
- You are a systems thinker and can optimize for efficiency.
- You are passionate about technology, and you're ready to help us take how we partner with our strategic Marketplace Partners to the new heights.
- You are attentive to detail and meticulously organized.
- You have the confidence to run cross functional projects in a fast paced environment with many moving parts.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.