Mortgage Success Project Manager at Homeward
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
The Mortgage Success Project Manager (MSPM) role will work as an advocate for mortgage sales and operational needs of the front line teams (Loan Officers, Loan Officer Assistants, Underwriters, Processors, Closers, etc) while collaborating with other leadership teams in Mortgage, Operations, Sales, Title, and Partner Success to ensure there is unanimous understanding of our processes and procedures as they evolve daily. The Mortgage Success Project Manager role will source feedback, coordinate with different leadership teams to prioritize and plan solutions, and then work with their team to execute on the solution feedback.
In addition to mortgage process iteration, the Mortgage Success Project Manager role will support the VP of Mortgage Lending and VP of Secondary Markets in tackling change management action items, ad hoc project work, and building reporting and dashboarding.
Finally, but most importantly, the Mortgage Success Project Manager role will influence and project manage initiatives that are specific to the Mortgage department as prioritized by Mortgage leadership.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role you will:
- Project manage initiatives within the Mortgage department that involve changes to process and usage of systems/tools.
- Attend cross-functional team meetings to ensure learnings and changes cascade to all necessary places in the business
- Regularly source and prioritize customer, agent, and front line feedback on processes and develop solutions through training and process evolution
- Manage the process documentation and reference materials for all roles in the Mortgage org
- Support Mortgage leadership in sales and operational needs and requests
- 5+ years in Mortgage sales or operations as a project manager
- Experience admin-ing phone, CRM, and/or other Operations tools
- Experience with Salesforce and Encompass
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management, organizational, and project management skills
- An ability to remain focused and execute under pressure of deadlines and multitasking
- The drive to be a part of innovation and a growing team
- Real estate experience a plus
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.