The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are hiring a Technical and Operations Advisor (TOA) to work with our CTO, Mark Porter. This is a critical role that will help design and execute strategic initiatives and operational programs in close partnership with Mark, the teams and leaders that report into him, and leaders across MongoDB. This person will be expected to work end-to-end on projects that can range from product incubation and growth strategies to M&A and partnership diligences, internal communication and policy initiatives, and driving executive communications with external stakeholders. The Technical and Operations Advisor will have direct exposure to both the engineering leadership team and the executive team, and will contribute directly to the company’s overall strategy and help drive its successful execution.
We are looking for a candidate who is a strategic problem solver, an effective influencer, has technical acumen, and the ability to deeply understand our business, which can all be used to have impact and value to the organization, working closely with Mark. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strategy and technology market experience and is able to thrive in high growth, fast-paced environments dealing with ambiguous and often complex problems.What You’ll Do
- Help Mark ensure that engineering priorities are driven forward with urgency. This includes reviewing, prioritizing and synthesizing metrics/initiatives to support priority setting
- Keep Mark accountable to commitments, while helping keep direct reports accountable to their key deliverables and results
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop, track, review, and revise the annual roadmap on a quarterly basis
- Move change forward as we evolve our technology strategy, with effective communication and change management practices
- Work in conjunction with HR to help spearhead our diversity, equality, and inclusion strategy, then work to execute the strategy across the org
- Build and maintain a culture of humility, execution excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
- 10+ years of proven experience, including 3-5 years of prior leadership and/or program management experience and at least 3 years working in tech (ideally software)
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and reasoned judgment
- Demonstrated ability to bring consensus to a decision and work across organizational boundaries
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment with limited data
- Demonstrates a high level of accountability married with a huge sense of urgency
- Ability to work with limited guidance and support
- Incredibly well organized
- Low ego
- Preferred to be based in New York City area, though other locations will be considered as well
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.