Portfolio Transaction Coordinator – Austin, TX
Amherst is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm with a long track record in making our clients smarter through data-driven solutions for investing, trading and analysis. Over our firm’s 20 year history, we have accumulated the most robust real estate data set in the world. Paired with our proprietary technology and analytic capabilities, we synthesize and battle-test our data to deliver strategic advantages to our clients in the form of actionable investment recommendations based on solid fundamentals and relative value analysis. Amherst Residential launched in 2012 to develop and operate a Single Family Residential ecosystem. As pioneers in the Single Family Residential sector, Amherst quickly scaled over the last 5 years to more than 950 employees, 19,000+ homes in 28 markets across 18 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Holistically, we manage AUM of $5bn, and work with some of the world’s largest and most prominent investors.
Our Capital Management team oversees all capital transactions including structuring & execution, debt and equity fundraising, balance sheet management, financial planning & analysis, liability management, portfolio management and strategic initiatives such as business development and mergers & acquisitions. Within Capital Management, the Portfolio Management team interacts directly with investors to provide feedback on both portfolio performance and individual assets. They thoroughly understand nuanced investor strategies and drive / monitor progress within the Company towards realizing investor goals. The transaction coordinator will support the team in delivering portfolios of single family residential homes to investors.
- Project coordination and due diligence for bulk asset sales/transfers including assembling marketing photos, confirming property rehab budgets, procurement for rehab invoices, and working with third parties for property inspection reports
- Management of due diligence process with title companies, brokers for brokers price opinion orders, and property management’s facilitation of the asset transfers
- Abstracting and compiling leases to compare with due diligence reports and client material, coordinating letters to residents, and finalizing confirmation of settlement statements
- Coordination and ownership of property data accuracy for lenders, compliance requests, audit, and other internal stakeholder’s projects
- Post transaction monitoring for rent, insurance, tax or HOA true-ups/reconciliation
- Management and coordination of client onboarding and ongoing investor calls, material requests and calendar of investor meetings and the travel & entertainment associates
- Organization and distribution of all portfolio management investor reporting and internal reporting
- Key contributor to client communication and transaction coordination for the portfolio management team
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- One to Three (1-3) years of experience in real estate or related field
- Preferred attributes:
- Extreme attention to detail, able to deliver accurately under tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and high integrity
- Agile in adapting to a dynamic environment with emerging datapoints
- Ability to coordinate with many internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience in professional communication (written and verbal) with clients and management
- Experience with data analytics and management in excel including pivot tables, data compilation and vlookups
- Team player, supporting the overall business efforts to get things done across Capital Management
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.