Principal Ecommerce Site Merchandiser at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
- Partners with Merchant and Category Marketing leadership to define holistic Site Merchandising strategy for Whole Foods Market.
- Advises cross-functional partners on site merchandising strategy, eCommerce technology, methods and techniques to engage customers online.
- Engages with leadership to develop objectives, goals and priorities for site merchandising function.
- Plays a lead role in the coordination and facilitation of cross-functional efforts to design, develop, test, and implement eCommerce merchandising executions and initiatives.
- Monitors overall progress and status, identifying trends and resolving process issues.
- Works with key stakeholders and operational leaders to envision new strategies / methods with potentially broad / material impact across the company.
- Advises leadership on functional progress, status, trends, and issues.
- Remains current with industry, process, and technology state-of-the-art; identifies new opportunities and potential points of competitive disadvantage.
- Leads functional continuous process improvement by recommending enhancements and identifying new tools, processes and technologies.
- Expert understanding of how eCommerce site merchandising, catalog, item data, and digital products work.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of retail merchandising and store/Ecommerce operations, and how these inputs can inform omnichannel eCommerce strategies.
- Detailed understanding of the underlying technology used to deliver Ecommerce experiences
- Detailed understanding of product data, data structures, and data management
- Knowledge of digital, marketing and business measurement technologies and frameworks such as web analytics software, dashboard platforms, etc.
- Conveys and / or consults on issues of moderate to significant complexity.
- Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers up to the senior leadership level.
- Provides process and policy advice to Team Members, regional / local leaders, and third-party vendors.
- Provides function-wide process advice and insight.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Team Members and to cross-functional stakeholders. Consults with and advises senior-level stakeholders and leaders.
- Expert understanding of standard project management methodologies and requirements.
- Expert ability to plan, estimate, organize, and monitor projects.
- Advanced ability to oversee and advise on project management issues and assist with overcoming barriers.
- Expert ability to keep multiple projects on track financially, creatively, and in accordance with stakeholder objectives and deadlines.
- Leverages customer, market, and industry understanding to drive Site Merchandising decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations.
- BA/BS degree and 6-8 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.