The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for hardworking technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the business drivers and imperatives of our customers.
MongoDB Principal Evangelists are responsible for communicating the trends and direction of MongoDB’s platform to customers and industry partner communities. Our team is made up of a combination of top-tier software thought leaders and entrepreneurs, as well as energetic professionals. The team responsibilities range from early research into future solutions, and collaboration with external partners in order to generate the vital templates to the successful delivery with our client community. You'll work closely with our sales teams and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward.As an ideal candidate, you have
- 15+ years of software development and architecture experience
- 8+ years experience with enterprise software solutions and proven capabilities to craft those solutions
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Intellectual understanding and the capability to discuss a broad range of data technologies (non linear list: RBDMS, document, key-value, unstructured, noSQL, ISM, XQuery/XML,...)
- Working industry experience in one subject area and the interest to start working in a second one (finance, banking, IOT, manufacturing, retail, logistics,...) - understanding trends and drivers in those industries and being able to communicate the paths to resolutions
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel up to 70% in normal circumstances and when clients are expressing preference to meet in person again - at this point home office is the default for 100%
- A master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience selling databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers or database vendors
- Detailed Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for senior management and executives as well as enterprise architects and product owners
- Design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive software development projects using MongoDB
- Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- Expertly articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- Align to support sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, proof of value, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product Management team
- Demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges
- Proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other pre-sales team members and share best practices
- The rapidly growing MongoDB product suite, including:
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake, Atlas Full-Text Search, Realm and Charts
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.