Principal Program Manager, Customer One at Atlassian
Customer One started as a small team of 2 with the belief that Atlassian IT will be our first, and best customer. In this short time, we have doubled down on this priority, grown the team and proven the value that can be delivered through this vision. With our small team, we have influenced Atlassian product roadmaps, guided customers through our adoption journey & best practices, and established ourselves as a valued Enterprise customer for Atlassian. We are now looking to hit the accelerator to unleash the vast potential of this program as Atlassian grows our Enterprise customer base. This is an exciting time to join the Team and help us scale what was just an idea in the recent past!
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for!
As the ideal Program Manager, you are a dynamic individual who champions delivery excellence, thrives in making order out of moving parts and understands the importance of the teamwork it takes to make programs successful. Alongside colleagues in the IT team, you will develop and apply practices, plays, and agile frameworks to ensure successful program delivery, scale our Inside Atlassian program & effectively communicate the business value to Atlassian leaders. You enjoy creating over operating, but also bring organization & structure where needed.
In this role you will
- Help rapidly grow our awesome Customer One program by bringing structure and operational rhythm to our fast-paced team - using our own products where we can!
- Drive the development and execution of strategic goals for the Inside Atlassian program while effectively tracking and reporting on the measures and value
- Communicate and ensure cross-functional understanding of status, risks, mitigation strategies, dependencies, and insights
- Redefine traditional IT by identifying new and creative ways to use our Atlassian products within a modern, agile, cloud-based IT environment
- Grow the program within Atlassian (and externally) by advocating and amplifying our work through roadshows, town halls, blog posts, and more
- You thrive in ambiguity and can bring order to chaos
- You are attentive to detail and meticulously organized
- You proactively create new relationships where needed to bridge teams together
- You are able to effectively and collaboratively identify and synchronize project interdependencies across multiple teams, navigate risks, and can creatively think on your feet to adapt to change along the way
- You have the ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences
- You know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating success as a Project / Program Manager in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with the Atlassian product portfolio
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Have experience in diagnosing pain points for teams, moving them to 'good', and committing to ensuring they get to 'great'
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .