Principal Program Manager - Tech Culture at Realtor.com
At realtor.com, we are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, sellers, and industry professionals such as brokers, agents and lenders. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling process, and enable more people to realize their dream of home ownership. To help us be a world-class technology team capable of achieving this mission, we are looking for a passionate Principal Tech Culture Program Manager.
As our technology team scales, we want to continue strengthening our People-first technologist culture where innovation, feedback and speed are key. We want to create an environment where all engineers can contribute to evolving our diverse and inclusive engineering culture. Our CTO and HR teams are partnering to achieve this technology culture and we are looking for a dynamic leader to accelerate our mission. The ideal candidate must have great collaboration, communication and team building skills coupled with a strong motivation to drive outcomes to a successful outcome. Ideally, this candidate has an aptitude for understanding the current state, envisioning a compelling future state, and leading the way to this future state by building cross-company partnerships.
The Technology Culture Program Manager will report directly to the VP of Technology Strategy and will be integrated into the technology team so that they can build the programs and events needed to amplify the culture. This role will rely heavily on partners in HR, Marketing and Brand to bring realtor.com’s rich technology culture to life.
How You Will Spend Your Time
You will work closely with the Technology leadership team, passionate technologists and HR leaders to create and drive culture related initiatives which will impact the entire technology organization. As our Tech Culture Program Manager you will deeply understand our current and future state tech culture, while bringing an outside-in perspective of industry best practices so that you can provide strong thought leadership and innovation. You will collaborate across realtor.com’s technology organization to create high-impact and durable programs in order to advance our commitment to our diverse and inclusive culture and environment.
These will include:
- Documenting the current internal engineering culture, conducting listening tours with technologists to understand how to evolve our culture, and then partnering across technology with passionate technologists to drive the change in culture
- Diving into technology engagement scores and barriers in order to deeply understand what gets in our technologists’ way, then working across the tech team and with our HR partners to resolve these barriers in order to improve the daily lives of our technologists
- Understanding our diversity data, driving a plan with HR and other partners to enable our diversity and inclusion visiontrack, and tracking our progress against this to ensure we reach our outcomes
- Partnering with our Corporate Communications and Brand team to gain clarity on our current external culture and brand, then working together to enhance this brand, gathering input from technologists as input to this work
- Leading events to create technologist delight and a sense of belonging such as hackathons, internal conferences, Tech meet-ups etc.
Gathering external benchmarks so that we can learn from others and bring best practices into our engineering culture
Who You Are:
- 15+ years in program management; this could be technical in nature or as a program manager who has worked in a technology organization
- Creative and fun with a strong background in building culture, community and/or Employee Resource Groups
- A diversity and inclusion champion who is passionate about driving change
- A data-driven leader who uses data along with deep listening skills to learn from others, form plans and drive outcomes
- A natural change agent who builds trust and relationships with ease, and who understands the power of good communications
Exceptional ability to define, plan, motivate and execute outcomes, creating energy and results in those you need support from to achieve these outcomes
- A disciplined planner, strong driver and highly collaborative leader who has proven experience working cross-functionally in highly matrixed organizations to deliver outcomes and to drive change
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives and managing stakeholders
- Decisive when needed with strong verbal and written communication including demonstrated capabilities in leading meetings and workshops, and creating presentation materials
- Fluency in program management tools especially virtual collaboration tools such as Trello, Mural and Smartsheets
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 80 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates and leaders, learn and innovate, have a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business and users, then make the move!
Let’s make a difference, together. For real.