Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The focus of this role includes the functions of materials (identification, procurement and pricing), project management and facilitating new projects, managing ongoing supplier relationships, and ensuring the timely efficient operational receipt and quality of materials.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct competitive pricing analysis to understand market and industry conditions.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to aid decision making processes.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Create and maintain reports pertaining to procurement, product usage, and pricing.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluation and assessment of results.
- Implement updates and adjustments to internal technology and systems.
- Make effective use of technology to achieve results.
- Execute product ordering on an as-needed basis.
What you’ll need to have
- This individual likely has 1+ years of overall business experience and is familiar with concepts related to vendor management, supply chain, or procurement functions within a Services-Based environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required
- Negotiation, vendor, or construction experience is a plus
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Technology Management: Makes effective use of technology to achieve results.
- Ability to identify problems and develop intuitive solutions
- The ability to perform within timelines and other constraints
- The ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data-sets even when data is limited
- Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality service; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.