Procurement Specialist at SailPoint
Austin, TX - HQ
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is an Individual Contributor role responsible for the procurement of goods and services required to support SailPoint general business activity from sourcing through final purchase order and contract approval. This primary role will require the candidate to possess a strong knowledge of general procurement best practices and understand activity required to proactively support internal customers and their requirements. This role will manage all renewals along with sourcing new spend for assigned categories, balancing the needs of all parties while maintaining internal and external relationships & controls. Must have a solid and thorough understanding of sourcing and negotiation principles, concepts, and practices/standards as well as a proven track record of successfully applying such knowledge and practices in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate thrives when given autonomy and flexibility to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to communicate detailed information, at the professional level with attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation, to a diverse audience.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to meet numerous deadlines with frequent interruptions in the daily work schedule.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Understanding and application of sourcing, and pricing needs, ensuring compliance with internal policies for each request.
- Initiate the sourcing process by working with internal teams and obtaining competitive bids from suppliers up to and including final price negotiations.
- Maintain relationships and real time communications with suppliers and internal customers regarding requisition status and manage expectations around such.
- Regular and ad hoc analysis and reporting of data.
- Monitor supplier performance and communicate issues, as well as work with internal customers in various parts of the organization and external customers to ensure that contract needs are met, and issues are resolved.
- Manage spend lifecycle, including renewals, terminations, or any other needed changes.
- Oversee Procurement inbox.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- High value of customer service
- Ability to support internal customers on tight deadlines with high visibility.
- Ability to effectively complete tasks in a timely manner with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to analyze information and effectively present in written, spreadsheet, and presentation format.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work both in a team-oriented environment and independently
Position Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of professional experience preferred
- Must possess an understanding of indirect procurement.
- Ability to perform pricing strategy, negotiation, contract administration, and financial analysis; and convert these activities into action.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.