Product Manager at SmartBiz Loans
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager who can assist us in our mission to give small businesses across America access to low-cost capital with transparency and clarity. You will help shape and build products that truly make a difference in our customers’ lives. Check out our reviews on Trustpilot to see for yourself!
SmartBiz is on a mission to bring true transparency to small business lending. We do this through our bank loan marketplace that offers low-cost SBA and term loans with straightforward and honest pricing. We also do this through SmartBiz Advisor, a pioneering product in the small business lending industry. Using powerful and proprietary technology, SmartBiz Advisor enables small business owners to instantly see how their business is evaluated by a bank when applying for a loan, before they apply. Small business owners are empowered by their data to know if they are Loan Ready, and if not, how to improve to get there.
What you will do!
- Understand the business strategy and deliver products that reflect our point of view
- Deeply understand the problems you are trying to solve through regular interaction with customers; be able to define and illustrate those problems for your team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize customer needs from all sides of the SmartBiz marketplace
- Manage a roadmap: take input from users and stakeholders; understand & prioritize the work so we’re always focused on the most impactful projects; properly set business expectations
- Research and document detailed product requirements
- Own the product development process: see projects through from concept and planning to development, launch, and post-launch iterating
- Continually measure solutions to see if they have solved the problems you’re attacking, via both qualitative and quantitative measures
- Build great products that our customers love!
The ideal candidate!
Experience / Education / Background
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience, with a track record of shipping quality product
- Fintech experience, especially with lending products, is a plus, but not required. We value raw aptitude more
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to roll your sleeves up to make your product and team successful
- You have strong analytical abilities and can tell a story with data
- You value improving existing features as much as launching new ones
- You are technical enough to understand the architecture of complex web apps, ask engineers good questions, and weigh product tradeoffs
- You have a strong product sense and are always on the hunt for great products
- You can make decisions without having a consensus
- You know how to ruthlessly prioritize your product backlog as well as your own time, with an eye on our business goals
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- 100% paid comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Modern 401(k) provider offering Roth and Traditional options
- Lunches catered three times a week, and unlimited snacks, coffee, espresso, and La Croix
- Generous vacation and holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Regular company happy-hours, off-sites, and other events
Who We Are:
SmartBiz helps small business owners achieve their dreams, by making the best financial products easily accessible, and serves as their champion providing actionable insights to get loan-ready and grow throughout their business journey. We are the #1 online marketplace for SBA loans, facilitating fast, low-cost SBA and bank loans. The company's advanced software drives up approval rates and streamlines the application, underwriting, and origination process so that small businesses can apply and get funds quickly, and so that banks can make loans efficiently.
We're growing quickly. We ranked #313 in the Inc. 5000 list last year, and we’ve been named one of the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times for two years in a row. Named as a Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker in March 2018 & March 2019.
California residents can learn more about how we use your information by visiting https://sites.google.com/view/smartbizloans-employment-ccpa
SmartBiz Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law.