Program Manager - Commercial Operations
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Are you a hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and provide advanced accounting expertise in support of a company’s revenue drivers and initiatives?
HomeAway is looking for a talented Program Manager to play a significant role in commercial planning and execution across our global business. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure across HomeAway’s operations and functional teams. You will support the Chief of Commercial Staff in leading the strategic planning, business operations, and administration of the HomeAway Commercial Organization. You will support the delivery of large scale, business critical programs by researching and defining best practices, developing action plans, leading execution and tracking overall progress. You will influence leadership and maintain strong alignment with key departments to ensure programs are well planned and effectively executed.
- Facilitate the development, coordination, communication, and execution of short and long-term business objectives for the HomeAway Commercial team;
- Be a central point of contact for the coordination of departmental activities;
- Coordinate and take accountability for strategic presentations to senior leadership and external constituents, work cross-functionally in developing appropriate content, messaging and presentation materials;
- Actively participate in and / or lead various forums / meetings enabling adapting, consolidating, drafting and / or preparing presentations for meetings, business cases, and other commitments for the Chief of Commercial Staff;
- Run the weekly and quarterly reporting of operating results and key metrics. Analyze to provide insight and opportunities for improvement;
- Recommend, lead, and implement process improvement initiatives to continue driving operational results and efficiencies;
- Ensure strong collaboration and alignment between partner teams;
- Partner within the commercial organization and cross-functionally to ensure alignment and to support timely execution of key business priorities;
- Evangelize business insights and places where intelligence can be gained and used for increased impact;
- Lead special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred;
- 6+ years of project / program management experience and / or business planning experience;
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces and / or operational roles a plus;
- Good judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, patience, and professionalism in all interactions;
- Resilient and constructive when faced with change, able to shift approaches when needed:
- Considers customer needs and reactions when evaluating effort and trade-off decisions;
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences;
- Willing to take risks and create short-term wins when perfect solutions are not possible;
- Communicates with individuals from other teams and organizations; Listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities;
- Identifies areas to partner on cross-group initiatives to achieve joint or complementary goals;
- Leads complex projects across multiple organizations; orchestrates across disciplines and partner groups.
Keys to Success in the Role:
- Moving quickly and deliberately, using data to guide decisions and testing to achieve breakthroughs;
- Welcoming new ideas and opinions, especially if they challenge your beliefs; actively listening with humility and respect;
- Playing to win and openly discussing options when goals compete; uniting to deliver results for our company and customers;
- Communicating directly, sharing feedback at all levels, and engaging in debate while maintaining objectivity;
- Influencing and motivating resources outside your team;
- Committing to continuous development and mastery of your craft.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.