The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $84B+ by 2022!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is redefining industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the fastest growing database on the planet and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are seeking an organized and detail oriented individual with a passion for helping phenomenal teams drive successful completion of projects. You are a great communicator, motivator, and project manager. You will be integral to our go-to-market projects and ensure the successful launch of major projects/initiatives. You will have an active role maintaining effective communication with key partners on our sales, product, finance, legal, engineering plus other teams. If you don’t have the solution yourself, you know who to go to for further insights.
The Program Manager is a key role within Finance and Operations, working alongside a variety of departments on highly visible, sophisticated strategic initiatives and driving end-to-end, cross functional program management. You will help lead GTM projects (new products, new offerings, changes to current offerings, integration of products from acquired companies etc.) and build and present coordinated launch plans to executives. You will also be encouraged to report project progress to vital stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for standardizing processes and improving efficiencies across the business. You will be part of the enablement for Sales team on any projects that you work on. You will help maintain documentation relating to projects, offer best practices, track metrics, offer and/or organize training.Responsibilities
- Leading and driving successful completion of projects that cross over various different departments/ teams
- Provide program management for our GTM strategy across business units
- Work with stakeholders from every area of the business to evaluate and drive business decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple projects at a time, balancing the priorities of the business
- Connect with executives and partners on project status and timelines during implementation
- Build a shared narrative, manage important breakthroughs, supervise progress, and ensure the plan succeeds
- Develop plans/processes that will be implemented by other teams
- A project manager with five years shown experience
- A college degree, preferably with a degree in a business or quantitative field, MBA preferred
- Passionate about MongoDB’s mission and core database technology
- Background working on cross-functional teams
- Confirmed ability at building strong working relationships and influencing both internal and external partners at all levels; passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights and drive decisions in a corporate environment
- Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
- Experience working with Salesforce/Netsuite/CPQ preferred
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing an encouraging and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.