Vrbo.com is a thriving online marketplace for vacation rentals within the Expedia Group portfolio--with more than 2 million properties listed in over 190 countries. We love that our daily contributions result in lasting and spectacular travel memories for millions around the globe.
Vrbo's Performance team works across functions to drive end to end business performance -- from ensuring healthy demand growth to repeat stays from satisfied travelers. If you are energized by the idea of working to deliver broader business outcomes by rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details, you'll fit right in with us!
As a Program Manager III, Brand Performance, you will be the linchpin in a company-wide process to understand ongoing business performance and identify new and lucrative opportunities to delight customers. In this role, you will be accountable for every aspect of our weekly business performance management program. You will have influence over almost every major function of the business—and will frequently interact with senior leadership across all functions of the organization. You will build partnerships with key leaders to ensure that the process to manage and deliver results is comprehensive, efficient, understood, and effectively executed.
What you’ll do:
- Developing frameworks for diagnosing changes in business results
- Report on business results and drivers to senior leadership.
- Drive strategy, reporting, analysis, and management of the performance diagnosis program
- Develop processes to deliver insights that allow us to identify changes in performance, determine root causes, and enable quick cross-organizational actions that deliver business results
- Collaborate with analytics and data engineering teams to implement efficient and easy to understand reporting of performance to be used by org leaders and partners
- Coordinate with functional teams (sales, marketing, product marketing, product) to ensure that we capitalize on performance gaps and opportunities
- Provide weekly reporting to the company on performance results and key drivers of metrics
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Proven ability with program/project management required
- Experience with conducting quantitative analyses required
- Experience driving the creation of business performance reporting including identification of critical metrics, alignment on definitions, report creation, and automation
- Ability to build effective relationships across a matrix of functional teams
- Prior use of data tools such as Tableau and SQL to extract raw data from databases and transform data into insightful report formats advantageous
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by demonstrating structured problem-solving skills and prioritizing effectively
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.